Frank N. Stine - updated pics 7-2-08

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Frank N. Stine - updated pics 3-9-08

this pic aint so great, but i was able to finally get some black on frank today, a break in the weather finally! spring is on the way babee!!! i put 2 coats of high gloss black on him 15 minutes apart, ill get better pics soon, he's lookin sharp!
FrankNStine783.jpg

Re: Frank N. Stine - updated pics 3-9-08

the paint is finally done! i took the masking tape off today, there are a few boogers but it turned out alright. this is my frist try at a two tone paint job, and i think only the third frame frame ive painted. a few coats of clear and he'll be ready to assemble.
FrankNStine823.jpg

FrankNStine813.jpg

Re: Frank N. Stine - updated pics 4-16-08

i got the clear coat done today! i was gonna touch up a few 'boogers' in the paint but decided that they added a lil rat character so i left them...plus im kinda lazy and didnt feel like puttin any more time into the paint than i already have! ill let it cure for the next 2 weeks then start puttin it back together. i have finished the panels that fill in the frame yet, but im workin on it!! this pic aint the best cuz the frame was under shade, but its still a two tone bike
fast eddie outty
FrankNStine833.jpg

Re: Frank N. Stine - updated pics 5-11-08

here's some pics of frank now that he's coming back together after the frame is done being painted/clear coated. im really liking the way he's turnin out! i think im gonna cut the vynil off the seat and scratch up the seat pan metal and clear it like i did some of the other parts. the panel that will hold all of the light switches and batteries for the four running lights is not done or mounted, but this bike is getting closer and closer to done. in some of the pics you can see what i did to the head tube, i drilled holes in it, and i put reflective tape on the steer tube so that it would shine through, the camera flash picked that up in some of these pics. i still have a ton of work to do, but this is as far along as its been so far. any suggestions are welcome of course,
fast eddie outty
FrankNStine843.jpg

FrankNStine853.jpg

FrankNStine863.jpg

FrankNStine893.jpg

FrankNStine903.jpg

FrankNStine883.jpg

Re: Frank N. Stine - updated pics 5-23-08

That's looking GREAT Eddie! I'd leave the seat alone though. Had a bare pan on 'VeraLynn' and it only lasted 10mi! Looked cool but causes Monkeybutt! :wink:
L8 EM

Cool! What if you put the tape in different colored strips so when you turn it changes colors? :mrgreen:

the tape is striped like a barber shop pole, it changes when it turns, i dont know exactly how effective i'tll be at night cuz the holes are small but it seemed worth a go, im hoping to get the pedals done today and see if they'll stay upright w/ the rubber on 'em, this is my first full bike customization on a bike w/ pedals so im kinda takin my time, thanx for the compliments guys,
fast eddie outty

fast eddie said:
Frank draws nearer to completion! the only thing left is to wire up the lights and he's a done project! which is good cuz im itchin to start another one...two...three..im sure you all understand. *snip*
FrankNStine943.jpg
*snip*

What are the four things below the switches? Great bike! I like! :mrgreen:

Back