Frisco bobber ***updated 7/17/2012***

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Frisco bobber

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

brett4christ said:
Man, these bunnies are really getting around! Can anything please them?!?!?! :D

Only one thing satisfies them and that is updates more often than every two weeks!!!!!!

Actually got some work done yesterday and today which was a much needed escape from recent personal catastrophes (and a ton of progress pics of bracketry I'm not even oing to use now). Bunnies have nothing on my recent run on life, but one did ironically bite my daughter yesterday (and draw blood), so maybe it's a wash. More rats, less bunnies...got it!

Scootbomb said:
Bunnies have nothing on my recent run on life, but one did ironically bite my daughter yesterday (and draw blood),

Watch out for those wascawy wabbits!!! Hope your daughter is doing fine. Let me know if we need to break out da wabbit hunter.

elmerfuddchia.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Scootbomb said:
Bunnies have nothing on my recent run on life, but one did ironically bite my daughter yesterday (and draw blood),

Watch out for those wascawy wabbits!!! Hope your daughter is doing fine. Let me know if we need to break out da wabbit hunter.

elmerfuddchia.jpg

Lol, will do, thanks for the support. MAAAny pics waiting on upload. Stay tuned.

Re: Frisco bobber ***update with pics, feedback welcome***

So... Finally got moving. After failing repeatedly to get my hands on a vintage rack to hang the bags from, I broke down and ordered one that hit the door today. It's the type that mounts to the seat post. I sort of dig the pattern, but the mount itself was on the tall side forin me to chop the seat post on the frame side a little bit and relocate the clamp a little lower (see pics). Not sure how I feel about the new placement, or the overall look yet. Opinions welcomed. Here are a few pics:

IMG412.jpg

IMG416.jpg

First, the welds have to go
IMG417.jpg

IMG419.jpg

A little clean up
IMG420.jpg

I somehow missed the 6"grinder work, but here is the clamp post-chop. Making a few marks for a little fine tuning.
IMG421.jpg

Here's how it fits with the bags mocked up
IMG425.jpg

Maybe the best part of the kit was this bracket
IMG430.jpg

That allowed for this:
IMG426.jpg

IMG429.jpg

IMG434.jpg

The slots had to be narrowed with a drill bit just a hair, but one might think I used a bracket made to mate a Ford model A taillight to a Schwinn! Lol

Since this was no longer possible because of the bags
IMG409.jpg

I think I'll be switching the shifter from Pabst to Tecate. I think it looks better against the wheels and provides for a little more clearance in "vital areas" because of shift travel.
IMG440.jpg

I also went with the idea of a 40''s-50's era spotlights popular on rats of the day. Made from an old generator style light, a couple light brackets, a tripod leg, and a fireplace poker handle. Lol
IMG438.jpg

IMG435.jpg

IMG437-1.jpg

Still have to convert it to led, and add a lense since the glass is long gone. I will be fabbing up an old tri-bar style plexiglass lens. More to come. Bunny repellent, anyone?

Re: Frisco bobber ***updated 6/28***

Very cool ideas here!!
I really love the odd parts you pulled together to make the spotlight bracket!!!
Rack and tailight turned out nice too.

Bravo!

Scootbomb said:
Still trying to make up my mind on shifters. Couple shots of the front end
IMG450.jpg

IMG451.jpg
you should run this one......
IMG_0410.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

not that id ever drink that carp....im a guinness extra-stout guy myself :wink:

Hey, Sensor. Those Guiness colors would make for one smooth paint sceme. I was thinking about the ratty old rot-gut Tecate because of how they mesh with the rims, but I'm kind of diggin the ole PBR one too, though it might mean some relocation. Cheers on the feedback.

I say PBR too.
There was a song in the 60s

Red necks
White socks and
Blue Ribbon Beer

PBR is the way to go cant go wrong with the good old PBR

Have alwys loved the incorporation of copper into a build, and have been looking for a box of these roof flashings that I had a whole box at one time (found one). Was going to use it for bracketry, any other bright ideas?
IMG473.jpg

Latest posts

Back