Fundraiser Stingray build FINISHED 4/21

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Fundraiser Stingray build

when i built this 26" version of a muscle bike, i ran into the same problem.

i flipped the seat bracket, drilled new holes in a longer than normal banana seat and threw in a couple 8ball bolts to hide the old holes.

IMG_0924-1.jpg

longer seats are available. and ya wouldn't have to re-drill the rear holes for a 20" frame

One last pic before the bike is done. Don't mind the seat, still trying to figure out a clean way to mount the vinyl.
IMG_2247.jpg

^^^^ dude that thing is CLEAN!!! i really like the rootbeer color you decided to go with

Easy E

Finally got the seat finished, this thick vinyl was a pain. I'm going to bring this bike to our ride this weekend to see what everyone thinks.
IMG_2253.jpg

It's finally done! :D I have a professional photographer lined up to take some nice pics, then the bike goes bye bye. I've been talking to the chairman of Autism Speaks Cincinnati, and we're going to auction it off on ebay with 100% of the proceeds going to the charity. I'll post a link to the ebay auction when the time comes, we're thinking May 10th-17th. Hopefully the bidders will like it and we can raise a lot of money.
IMG_2256.jpg

Great job necessaryevil, reminds me of rustymotors Sting Ray painting...the tiger tail. 8)

necessaryevil said:
Finally got the seat finished, this thick vinyl was a pain. I'm going to bring this bike to our ride this weekend to see what everyone thinks.
IMG_2253.jpg

A little trick I've used when covering a seat with thicker vinyl is to heat it up with a hairdryer. It'll stretch easier and when it cools it's nice and tight.

Back