Gasser Finished!!!!!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Gasser

Ok, the front fender is on but I'm not happy with the way it looks now. It looks like a dirt bike.
PA100002.jpg

I thought about that when you posted the plan... it does look a little "moto".

Throw on a small cut-down fender on the front and see how that looks?

Or maybe a smaller front wheel and different spoke pattern or one of those alloy 5 spoke cheapie MTB 24 inch rims...
I like it BTW :mrgreen:

I think if you make your bracket shorter, it will lose the dirtbike look :wink:

SWEET! Now I just need to find me another bike with a smaller crank but meaner gears, paint it pagan gold and metal flakes with apple red candy over it, and stencil "Big MAZMANIAN John" on the side and you and me can go at it for the glory of The Fastest Gasser (on two wheels)! :mrgreen:

SectionEightLife said:
SWEET! Now I just need to find me another bike with a smaller crank but meaner gears, paint it pagan gold and metal flakes with apple red candy over it, and stencil "Big MAZMANIAN John" on the side and you and me can go at it for the glory of The Fastest Gasser (on two wheels)! :mrgreen:
That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Get workin' on it

rusty513 said:
SectionEightLife said:
That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!! Get workin' on it
You know, I might be crazy and all, but due to the nature of this build I would jump to my natural conclusion of most ride-able things and suggest that this build might need to be relocated say in ...Bikes With Motors??? >.> :mrgreen:

Got the rear fender painted, changed out the stem, took out the seat post, added some stickers, cut out 2 inches of the fork extensions & added a front white wall (I'm still up in the air about the whitewalls)
PA140001.jpg

PA140002.jpg

PA140003.jpg

My next plans are to add a tall shifter & a parachute pouch to the rear fender which I'm in the process of making. I would love to come up with something like this in a smaller scale for the front fender. Any ideas??
mr-gaket-butterfly-air-scoop.jpg

[quoteMy next plans are to add a tall shifter & a parachute pouch to the rear fender which I'm in the process of making. I would love to come up with something like this in a smaller scale for the front fender. Any ideas??
mr-gaket-butterfly-air-scoop.jpg
[/quote]
maybe some fiber glass?

Made a parachute pouch out of an old book bag. Stuffed it with some styrofoam & added a grommet to hold it together. Then I made the "Remove Before Flight" strip at work today.
PA170001.jpg

KJV said:
i like the white walls too. 8)
how about a chrome tail pipe extension
for making the scoop, they make them
in a similar shape. :idea: :mrgreen:
Good idea about the tail pipe extension but I could not find anything that was just right.

Back