GOOD NIGHT NURSE! -- FORT WORTH BIKE SALE

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: GOOD NIGHT NURSE! -- SALE OF ALL SALES

axsepul said:
did you take pictures of the guy blowing smoke out of his ears? :p :lol:

Hey, Alex. Long time no see. That wasn't the body orifice I would have used, but this is a family show! :lol:

I went to that auction with about $2000 in cash, and left empty handed, as did the rest of the attendants. It was one very weird scene from start to finish. Definately in my "Top 10 Weirdest Bike Experiences!" The guy had several old cars for sale, too. He wanted around $10,000 per vehicle, regardless of age or condition! Not sure how that counts as an "auction", but whatever. It all ended in him yelling at the crowd, and the auctioneer. A few minutes later, a truck full of rough looking guys pulled up, and told us to get off of the property, asap. :|

A couple years later, I remember a friend trying to help the old guy sell off the collection via ePay. That ended poorly, also.

The person who died was apparently well known by the vintage bike club here in Texas. A few folks volunteered over the summer to get everything ready for this sale. From what I have been told, there will be plenty to go around with prices in the $20, $40, $60 and $100 range.

I can't imagine what would possess a person to collect so much stuff. And why? What enjoyment could one possibly get from racks and racks of dusty unused stuff?

but anyway... best of luck to anyone here on this forum who goes there to get something. Hope to see posts of what was purchased soon.

The biggest concern I have is what kind of brawls are going to break out at the sale. :shock:

I can just imagine when the gates open what kind of free for all may take place...ha ha! :lol:

I told KevinM he better have a few fire extinguishers on hand to break up the fights.

Care to guess how this will affect the swap meet at Bikes Inc. the following Sat.? :) :lol:

I think this is a good example of everybody's worst fear. They will spend a lifetime collecting and then die and someone will garage sale all your best stuff.
I would hate to even look through all of that to find the jewels.
I bet if you sold them all for $5 a piece you couldn't sell all that in one day. :shock:

jerrykr said:
Care to guess how this will affect the swap meet at Bikes Inc. the following Sat.? :) :lol:

I asked Scott about that and he thinks it means there will just be more bikes and parts to buy and sell that day.

I guess it could go that way or the flip side would be that people will have blown the bank and need a few weeks to recover after that.

I do know one thing...Craigslist and Ebay should get a real boost afterwards. :lol:

I sure hope these bikes get bought up and restored to a good riding condition. AND..hopefully the guys here in Arizona don't get any of them to post on CL...some of the prices on these CL post's are somewhat comical. I guess that's why they post them day after day after day.

If i wasn't going to the Albuquerque this weekend i might take a drive to Texas for this sale.

"...................people will have blown the bank and need a few weeks to recover after that."

is my guess, but I'll most likely go to both.

why don't we go together and rent a U-haul truck, hire some "guys" and make the flippers nervous?? :D :D just kidding!

Uncle Stretch said:
I bet if you sold them all for $5 a piece you couldn't sell all that in one day. :shock:

Ill take that bet!

Any local guys want to make a road trip??? :D

:shock: I wish i was closer. Thats really, really incredible. Theres alot of cool stuff in those piles.

I need someone to pick up one of those apple krates for me. :shock:
Bet they go for under $150!

Wow, talk about a honey hole :shock: To all going, takes LOTS of pics :mrgreen:

Double Nickle said:
I need someone to pick up one of those apple krates for me. :shock:
Bet they go for under $150!

All those are already gone according to a local reseller......

There is a '69 5 speed Stingray with a $125 tag on it! At least 2 Manta Rays too. Of course it's in Texas, along with every nice vintage BMX bike. :x

Ha Ha...it will be interesting to see what is really there.

I will say this...it looks like a Rat Rodder's paradise if you ask me....a sea of weathered 26" cruisers. :lol:

Latest posts

Back