H. N. L.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bring on the shizzle buddy! The suspense is killin me!
That's what I do. Still mocking up parts. I don't like to post up boring details so I'll wait until I have some actual progress to report. I can say I will be using that 78 MX-3 frame. (in fresh finds).

I might toss some apes at it too

Last edited:
Haven't got the pics loaded yet. My computer is on strike. So this update you will have to use your imagination until I can get pics working. Here's the parts list:
the bike pictured above.
Bike pals slick from A.S. bolt nut
Tall sissy bar & Troxel deep bucket from my friend Kerry
Cool razor edge duck tail fender from my pal Lucky Stripes
Cool sprocket from Smoopy's
16" front wheel
Chrome bullet light
1 really long brake cable I spent hours modifying to fit into the twist shifter.
A screen door I found in an alley while riding.
A handful of shiny acorn nuts I got from Jim @ Ace
endless amounts of info and advice from Rob.
Pedals and other junk plus motivation from Pick
Hopefully I can get some of these pics to load today.

Until then, close your eyes and imagine how cool my bike looks.

Dang, I was going to use a screen door on my build! Can't wait to see it all thrown together.

Ok, my Tech support crew (kids) are awake now. Figured out the issue with my Commodore 64. We are back online and no longer have to try and do stuff on my smarter than me phone.

There was no swell in the center of these apes so we had to do some improvising.
cut up an old schwinn breeze a while back good donor.

cut a chunk off the end with a mini hack saw

split it open the same way

pried it open

beat it on to the bars and hammered it in place

so this is where we are at now

PrinceOfDorkness out making sure we getting closer to the H.N.L. He sez we gittin' closer but it aint done yet.

A quick side view. there will be LOTS more going on here we promise.

:cool2:H.N.L.:cool2:

Love the handlebar shim! Dorkness engineering at it's best! That thing fits the Prince pretty well.

Thanks for the kind words. We are working hard to get some more of the accessories built before we tear down for paint.

Back