Hampton Beach, NH Ride – Sunday, July, 8th

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
10AM – meet-up at the Band Shell

~10-mile "Insect Ride"

Whats up man. i thought this would have taken off by now. I do believe they guys may agree on a later time in the day like around 3-4PM This gives us ample ride time. We polished off a 10 mile+ ride at the North Hampton Ride and we didnt start until almost 5PM. Maybe hook up down in Salsbury Beach. Theres a large parking lot there that doesnt charge for parking. We can venture around there and then trip up to Hampton for a few sodas and grub. A Saturday would be more appealing than a Sunday too but Im open to either day that weekend.

Hi guys, an “Insect Ride” can take us all day – we can ride for several miles and then stop to eat, hang-out at the beach, play at the arcades, ride up to North Beach, etc.

Bring those bikes from the Northampton ride – please!

7361471710_6bfdf383bc_b.jpg

7176245113_2a5a44efba_b.jpg

7176243785_031d4b0a19_b.jpg

7361465888_1cdee481e6_b.jpg

7176241285_1fd23331d1_b.jpg

Looking forward to riding with you guys on the boardwalk; there is nothing like the smell and sounds of the ocean, especially when riding on a bike!

Peace guys

Cmon guys, dont be a bag o sallies and start posting here and confirm the date. I bet half will write back saying their wife said they cant come to such a rebel gathering. I say RISE UP and write the date on your calendar. Its not that far off......

I probably won't be able to make this one. It's only a few days after getting back from my honeymoon, and if anything, I have to put in some serious road bike miles that weekend to attempt to get back in shape for the Southampton Gran Fundo on the 14th.

http://www.grandfundo.com/

Understood man. Maybe....just maybe there will be a late summer ride. 3 rides in 1 summer would be epic in itself. We will have to recruit a new photographer though.
Now get back to making decorations for your wedding......

I'll be coming back from a vacation that weekend.Won't be available for an "Insect,bird,airplane,etc ride"
Where did you park that "date" bike ,Jose?
I'll be riding Sundays outta Cheshire ,CT or RI East Bay Trail this summer,HPVF for sure.

An “insect ride” is a ride based on immediate consensus, there are no plans per se; fun stuff, since most end-up being rides of discovery. An Insect Ride is a local motorcycling term, when we ride we just go to where the “leader” goes, then, we’ll stop and another “leader” takes over and we follow him/her etc. They are great when riding in an unfamiliar place, sometimes we’ll ask a local about sites, restaurants, whatever and go to where they suggest.

How is the new TALL :shock: bike project coming along?

I too, will be at the HPVF – looking forward to it!

Peace Stevil

I would like to go to HPVF again this year, and ride the trail up to Nashua.

Stevil said:
Where did you park that "date" bike ,Jose?
Hi Stevil, the pic was taken on the Dartmouth College campus, near the baseball field.

“Miss Fit”
MissFit001.jpg

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
I would like to go to HPVF again this year, and ride the trail up to Nashua.
That’s a great idea!

So far, looks like I'm in for the 8th ride but wont be up there till like 2 or so. I hope Danimal will tag along. I'll check with Dave also. The dude with the coppertone schwinn. Hoping a few guys will hop on board here

Hi stickit, we’ll hook-up at the band shell at 2P.

Who else is in? I ask, because if the consensus is for a later then 10A start that’ll be fine.

Looking forward to a day at the beach :)

ar122082147512308.JPG

calling all NE riders that DON't have anything booked for JULY 8th. Sunday afternoon beach ride. Looks like sand sculpture contest going on too at Hampton

Back