help me pick a name for the 50's higgins kustom (she's back)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok for those of you that dont know the story on this bike here it goes. this was the first rat bike i built and to the best of my knowledge the second drop bar "boardtracker" done. after compleating the bike i did not think the whole boardtracker thing would take off and my boss loved the bike so i traded it to him. instantly i had wished i did not do it and since have tried to top her not just with looks but ride quality. anyways i got to talking to my boss about her again today and came up with a trade so i could get her back. i was shocked and agreed lets see if any of you can guess the bike i traded? and no it is not the lucky 7. anyways i am so excited i am still shaking first order of biz is to return her back to when i built her as close as i can. then the second part and i need all of your help on this one. i never really named this bike other than calling it the 1950's jc higgins kustom and i think such an important bike deserves a better name. so i want to see what you guys come up with. here is a pic to remind you of the bike

hey can someone help me post a pic of the higgins here? i am on this new labtop with vista and i just cant figure it out !!!! thanks

here ya go...

1000598.jpg

jeff

I don't know Adam. It looks like a "karfer" to me...old frame, new forks, newer parts. You know, a karfer.

bully bike - i think it looks like a bull and it looks like itll take your lunch money.... when the ratty truck isnt around

Did you trade the truck? I think it should be named 'J-Bone'

"Black Beauty"?That's one bad a** ride!A pic with that and the Ratty Truck would be sweet! 8) 8) 8)
L8 EM

gary got it yea i traded the ratty truck only because the higgins in all honesty is to me the most important bike i have ever built. and lol gary where did j-bone come from? lol keep the ideas comming and thanks for posting the photos i am still more of a nut and bolt sorta guy than good at all with computers. ps i hope you guys are not too mad at me doing this trade but it is really my only shot at getting her back.

I always thought T-bone was a cool nickname- as in T-bone Walker, inventor of electric blues guitar. and the crossbar looks kinda like a J. And if it turns out as nice as your other builds, people's Jaw-bones are gonna drop.

name it after your first born(probably wasnt your first kustom but.........) or maybe just their initials or something
thats why i always steal names from old cars i like or i come up with things like ol' gramps :roll: :roll: :roll:

just thinking....maybe take one of blackie gejeians cars names(hehehe)........the shish kebob special, the emperor.....
still kinda partial to 'the higgins' its what ive come to know it as itll still be called that by me......no offense :mrgreen:

Back