help me

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I buy kits that provide all the necessary parts. Then me and my 9 yr old spend a couple of hours of quality time assembling it. Check your local electronics store.
godlite1.jpg

I am in the middle of a conversion right now. I buy a couple led flashlights from Harbor Freight. I got a 32 led unit to go into a head light. I gut the flashlghts, trim the old reflector to accept the led reflector, and glue it in place. Add in a couple wires, a toggle switch, and thethe battery holder from the flashlight. Less than $10 and you are in business.

BTW I've found some good kits at Autozone for adding LED lighting to cars or motorcycles... for $10-20 you can get LED kits in different colors and most will include switches and wiring. Mainly intended to be 12v systems, but I'm sure you can come up with a battery pack that will work.

Anything from a 9.6v rechargeable pack for a RC car to a 14.4 cordless drill pack will probably light em off just fine and be sort of ready-made.

Have fun!

--Rob

ok this is my concoction, I am doin a dr pepper themed rat rod so this is my home made light cheap and cool. just need to make a bracket to mount it LOL
004-61.jpg

005-57.jpg

006-49.jpg

003-61.jpg

007-39.jpg

halsencrew said:
ok this is my concoction, I am doin a dr pepper themed rat rod so this is my home made light cheap and cool. just need to make a bracket to mount it LOL
004-61.jpg

005-57.jpg

006-49.jpg

003-61.jpg

007-39.jpg

Can't wait to see the finished product, I already love the headlight....... and you gave me an idea for my bootlegger bike.

dr pepper bottle opener mounted to head tube and got 2 dr pepper decals for the frame so far and want a couple dr pepper bottle caps to put at end of the grips also want something to hang from seat or between top tube and down tube? any ideas ? Im still thinkin since I have time cause I havent even painted the thing thinkin white there so decals pop

cool idea, I seem to remember a glass bottle cutting thing on tv, was kinda thinking that could be a taillight too.......as far as hanging in the frame only thing I can think of is maybe a bottle holder to hold a 20 ounce or 1 litre of dr pepper. It'd come in handy when riding too...... :mrgreen:

hey that could work with the bottle holder LOL and the glass thing? seems too much work and Ive also got a speedo I might put on this bike just for looks

cool man, also just a thought when you lace up the wheels, where each spoke crosses maybe incorporate a pop tab into the junction there.

thanks been there will look alittle closer but they kinda spendy hopin some members have stuff laying around ya know

halsencrew said:
thanks been there will look alittle closer but they kinda spendy hopin some members have stuff laying around ya know
I just thought of something I got you might want for it, It's an old lighter that is shaped like a pop bottle. Actually works too. like a zippo type. put a sticker on it and it'd look just like it.

Tim,
How about making a wooden rack for the back of it that looks like an old Dr. Pepper crate? You could make a stencil and spray paint the logo on the sides, and then mix up some black water color paint and stain it so it looks old.

Back