How long can you get away with having a bike in the house?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
blackdiamond said:
I have three in the house, all clean, shiny new-looking vintage schwinns, my '70 super sport, 79 stingray, and 70 build-off stingray.

But three is the limit allowed lol :lol:

In that case, we have a contender. Bring 1 more into the house, nestle it close to the others, and see how long it lasts.

yoothgeye said:
blackdiamond said:
I have three in the house, all clean, shiny new-looking vintage schwinns, my '70 super sport, 79 stingray, and 70 build-off stingray.

But three is the limit allowed lol :lol:

In that case, we have a contender. Bring 1 more into the house, nestle it close to the others, and see how long it lasts.

Hmmmmm... must test idea.

day 2 on the little rusty beast next to the pile no notice? or, no care?

So I went to my buddy arts house today he is a single retired antique collector and a bike freak like the rest of us! This could never happen in a family mans house
2013-02-09_14-50-20_102_zpse1cb6870.jpg

2013-02-09_14-50-27_618_zps1545d3a0.jpg

The longest I've hd a bike in the house, is running on four months.

Its my 82 schwinn predator! I got it in my room on a shelf, that was ment for clothes. Not any more.
Other than that, my dad goes ballistic if any of my ballooner's get inside, "it's gonna poke a hole in my new sheetrock!!!" Or, "your gonna break something with it!"

At my grandma's house, I can get away with it. Partially because she's almost blind, and also she likes to know what I'm tinkering on.

The fixie is still in the dining room, I'm well over a month now, I'd love to have it outside, but it's still brokie.

I have a Schwinn Fastback hanging in the dining room. Its been there for almost 10 years. Before that it sat on the dining room table with cloth napkins under the tires and kick stand. The girls said it was in their way thats why now its hanging up. The good thing is only one of the girls still living at home the others are grown and moved out. Their mom has never complaned she thinks the bicycle is cool!

pic please !

sean1960 said:
I have a Schwinn Fastback hanging in the dining room. Its been there for almost 10 years. Before that it sat on the dining room table with cloth napkins under the tires and kick stand. The girls said it was in their way thats why now its hanging up. The good thing is only one of the girls still living at home the others are grown and moved out. Their mom has never complaned she thinks the bicycle is cool!

the little rusty AMF frame and fork was noticed wife just looked at me and said nothing!!!!!!

This is an awesome thread.Too funny!

It seems I have the opposite problem most of you have. I get to keep one bike in the living room for 6-8 months out of the year. Then, in late fall, the bike must be moved for a huge indoor/outdoor plant we have. After that only she gets to keep a bike in the living room, as there is only room for one. :roll:

I should point out that she has 5-6 bikes at any given time. Currently in her stable: a mixte Peugeot road bike, a beater hybrid, a super sporty hybrid, a minty AMF Roadmaster, an old Raleigh Sports with full chain case and a bmx scraper bike. Yes, you read that correctly, a bmx scraper bike. Don't ask. Happily, I have her beat by at least a 3:1 ratio most of the time, but I do feel her encroaching on my shop. :shock:

I think you are the first person on this site to admitting to having a scraper bike... I guess you don't have it, but close enough.

Does it come inside? :shock: :lol:

Back