Janes Addiction: Scenic Kennebunk Maine ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the reunions not too far away perhaps come up on early Sunday morning and ride through the afternoon? From what I understand, Stevils looking to ride Sunday.
And like I said, I am available both days so we can do this in shifts perhaps?

Jane, I thought Jerry and I were gonna come up Saturday for
afternoon ride,stay over and then do a morning ride,16th and 17th.
You're stuck with us for the weekend!...Stevil

And like I said, I am available both days so we can do this in shifts perhaps?
Jane, I thought Jerry and I were gonna come up Saturday for
afternoon ride,stay over and then do a morning ride,16th and 17th.
You're stuck with us for the weekend!...Stevil
I would love that! Although Jerry said he has to work weekends and is trying to get the day off. Kim Is in for sure and Matt messaged me today and Dan...I think they can be here for that Saturday. Like I said... i'll ride both days with anyone who can make it.

You’re a good man, Dan; looks like “Cupcake” has come back to life! :)

This gives me an opportunity to let all of you know how impressed I am as to how good you all are to each other – no doubting that this’ll be a lasting friendship.

I'm definitely in for Saturday the 16th. I don't think I can stay over night though.

And Jane, I have this...

Thanks Dan! Kim passed along your message and I got to see the pics. I am so Grateful that you kept her safe and fixed her brokenness. I might not even retouch up the paint. I might just leave her scars as to what a great day and happy ending that was :) Thank you so much!

You’re a good man, Dan; looks like “Cupcake” has come back to life! :)

This gives me an opportunity to let all of you know how impressed I am as to how good you all are to each other – no doubting that this’ll be a lasting friendship.
Indeed! :)

You're very welcome Jane. I'm just glad I can help. Plus I have this awesome fork straightener that I had to try out.

I know it's safe because I gave it a test ride last night. If it didn't fold in half, it's good.

Ok so just throwing this out there for everyone..... I have a garage with boxes full of stuff (bike part stuff) More than what I can use so I am suggesting that any of you that want to trade parts bring them when you come up.. I am in no position financially right now to buy anything unless its wicked cheap but this is what I have for trade and this is what I need... I have for trade Boxes of fenders...skinny, fat ..all that came off 26" rims mostly. I have boxes of chain guards, forks, handlebars a few grips...tons of seats... some 3 speed parts don't ask what, I barely know about that stuff I only really rebuild single speeds ..about 5 stripped girls frames ...and a few 26" tires that are okay ...not new....possibly a couple rims... a couple of tanks from girls bikes..one a firestone and the other I think came off of a Columbia. Oh and I have a few cranks/ cool sprockets and kick stands so any of that I would be willing to trade for what I need. What I need are maybe banana seats and or saddles as long as they can be recovered , most of my seats are black and I am looking for something a bit less boring. I prefer the shorter banana seats but would take any... and if you had any smaller ape hangers , or sissy bars...and or 26 0r 24" rims.I also have some other stuff like some really expensive leather(red Italian ) That...not sure it might be enough for a saddle but definitely grips if you were into making your own. So if any of you want to bring stuff..we could make this not only a scenic bike event but a mini swap meet.

Jane , a friend just came back from Bar Harbor with new state stickers.
A hippie moose and a "No Pot" lobster. Now I need to decide what bike
to ride next month and apply those stickers:happy:.Or I can get more
swag when we're in town. You must know a cool shop we can hit?
Can't wait...Stevil

Jane , a friend just came back from Bar Harbor with new state stickers.
A hippie moose and a "No Pot" lobster. Now I need to decide what bike
to ride next month and apply those stickers:happy:.Or I can get more
swag when we're in town. You must know a cool shop we can hit?
Can't wait...Stevil
Plenty of those places down in Kennebunkport! I suggest we eat lobster while we are here.

I’m out; I’ll be in the Midwest on this date – not having a lot of luck juggling time for riding with time commitments for family and work lately.

Still wish however that I could make this ride – I’ve been looking forward to it too. :(

I’m out; I’ll be in the Midwest on this date – not having a lot of luck juggling time for riding with time commitments for family and work lately.

Still wish however that I could make this ride – I’ve been looking forward to it too. :(
:(

Yea, I'm a bit bummed about it too, Jane.

I wish I could make this. Sounds so nice and I miss all you peeps. I'm missing all the rides this summer due to wifely/family plans. So I'm not even gonna say I might be there :-(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dan you said the leash will get longer. When?? Just had our two year anniversary and it's getting shorter!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went for a test ride with some friends down the Bridle path to Kennebunkport. Past the three main beaches into the port. Not a bad ride at all. Bridle path is a bit bumpy especially towards the end but all three of us managed like always on our one speeds :)
rgy9aPt.jpg

dKdPnst.jpg

Went for a test ride with some friends down the Bridle path to Kennebunkport. Past the three main beaches into the port. Not a bad ride at all. Bridle path is a bit bumpy especially towards the end but all three of us managed like always on our one speeds :)
rgy9aPt.jpg

dKdPnst.jpg
Stopped at the local brew pub Federal Jacks for drinks and an early dinner. Heres the amazing view just to make you want to come up even more :)
ar7dyUc.jpg

Dan you said the leash will get longer. When?? Just had our two year anniversary and it's getting shorter!

Well ... Let's see ... I've been married 25 years, so .... <thinking out loud>

when I went to Rhode Island for parts she said "(censored)" .... then when I was building the JC Higgins and had it powder coated ... oo that was bad ... what year was it when I had the bike shop wire up my chopper? ..... no, that wasn't it .... well when I was building the Airstream bike she was ... no didn't like that either .... hmmmm ..... the leash sure feels longer, perhaps we just get used to the short length?

Latest posts

Back