Janes Addiction: Scenic Kennebunk Maine ride

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Start chewing the chain links,Ian.
Jane,nice shots and easy-going bikes,too. Can't wait...Stevil

Good advice there, Steve!

Bilateral chewing of the chain by my wife and I over 34-years of marriage has resulted in her doing and attending events she likes and me the same – but having said that, we have mutual interests’ in most things, such as attending lectures at Dartmouth, traveling, cycling and sitting on our patio in the evenings with friends while looking at the wood flames in our fire pit.

Marriage is a beautiful thing, as love grows stronger and more endearing over time. (Now how’s that for the words of a Hopeless Romantic!) :)

Hoping you all have a great time there in Maine!

Good advice there, Steve!

Bilateral chewing of the chain by my wife and I over 34-years of marriage has resulted in her doing and attending events she likes and me the same – but having said that, we have mutual interests’ in most things, such as attending lectures at Dartmouth, traveling, cycling and sitting on our patio in the evenings with friends while looking at the wood flames in our fire pit.

Marriage is a beautiful thing, as love grows stronger and more endearing over time. (Now how’s that for the words of a Hopeless Romantic!) :)

Hoping you all have a great time there in Maine!
Well said! I am a hopeless romantic as well. Maybe one day I will find my Prince Charming and we will ride off into the sunset on our ratrod bikes and live happily ever after. In the meantime Jose you and your lovely wife are invited up here any weekend to ride. Like I said , I have weekends off. Just give me notice and I can get together at least a couple people up here to join us and if not I can always take you to see the sights. It would be my pleasure and that goes for all of you! As far as the Janes addiction ride ...I have two people who are definitely joining us ( from Kennebunk) and I ran into a dude I know at a yardsale last weekend. He fixes up old Schwinns and he said he might be able to get a couple of friends to join us as well. Gotta make some phone calls and last minute inquiries. Keep you posted. So Steve is definitely in and Kim is as well ...possibly Matt...anyone else? I'm riding both days .

What day was settled on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saturday August 16 but some of us are doing Sunday morning August 17 as well. Like I said If you come up Saturday we will ride you have a free place to stay if you want to stay over and ride again Sunday. Or just come up Sunday morning and ride if you cant make Saturday. . I just need to figure out who is coming what day. In any case the main ride is Saturday the 16th. Not sure what time frame to shoot for...and this will determine the meeting place. Should we do late morning or early afternoon? I'm thinking around noon? But I'm available all day so you guys decide what time on Saturday.

I vote for early afternoon. Leaves time to ride, eat, and even have an after party at your place.
As far as I know we have at least 6 people that I know of that are coming up to ride on Saturday. How does a meet up time of noon sound?

Kinda of early for steve and chopper49er were coming from southern ct or practically Shoreline Long Island.
Okay...We could make it later...I will be here all weekend. What time would be good for you two? If any one shows up early we can ride around town and wait for you guys. This can be pretty flexible as I live close to our riding destinations. Any early people we can just ride over to the local pub and wait and stop at the frog pond on the way :) Also the big graveyard across the street is a fun place to ride. The time is pretty open to everyone.

Okay I have 8 people who are in on this ride that I know of including myself. There are some people coming up early to meet at my house. I'm throwing out a time for the official ride time so I can determine the appropriate meeting place for those of you who are coming later. How does 2 O'clock sound?

:cool2:Jerry and :crazy:I will shoot for 2 O'clock,Probably have to leave ,like
5 am ,but don't worry bout us, I'm sure we are gonna enjoy the
road trip up there:confused::eek:. Keep fingers crossed for another good
weather weekend!...Stevil

:cool2:Jerry and :crazy:I will shoot for 2 O'clock,Probably have to leave ,like
5 am ,but don't worry bout us, I'm sure we are gonna enjoy the
road trip up there:confused::eek:. Keep fingers crossed for another good
weather weekend!...Stevil
Oh come on steve, it's not that long of a drive. Lol
+1!
Seriously – 9-hours – are you guys traveling by camel? :confused:

The long-term forecast is looking good! Have a great time there in Maine everybody! :)

I probably cant make this ride, sure wish I could though :(

I know this isnt the for sale section but I have a few cheap bikes I would like to offer up to the local folk before posting them for sale elsewhere. Id rather make less money and see you guys have them and use them before I start parting or ebaying. Here we go-

Colorflow $150 (may be spoken for)
Monark $60
Raleigh $100
Winsor $60 without wheels $45 with out wheels and seat
Columbia FREE

Hahaha. Dan you're too funny. How about I go pick it up and deliver to you? (sarcasm)

Back