LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD IT IS DONE PIC W/OWNER! 1/15

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD UPDATED 7/22

sorry, no pics this time around. i got the fork, other wheel, and rear stand painted today. went to put the fork on this evening after drying all day. come to find out the fork bearings i ordered were the wrong size! :x that really sucked, considering i told them it was for a prewar colson/packard. anyway, will try to get them in tomorrow evening and get some more pics posted of the progress. hope to get the wheels laced this week. hope to have it setting on the ground by the end of the week or this weekend! coming together faster than i thought! :D

Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD UPDATED 8/1 NEW PIC

got the scallops painted on today. turned out pretty decent i think being my first ones. have a few bleed thru's, but there is a green pin stripe that out lines them so that should clean up the edges! the paint looks white in the pic, it is actually antique white. :D
DSCF5100.jpg
hope to get it on wheels and assembling this week.

Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD UPDATED 8/1 NEW PIC

They came out good!

Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD UPDATED NEW PIC 8/11

so here is some more progress. got the scallops pinstriped, came out pretty good. got the horn working and installed the tank. installed the fork and trusses. spokes should be here tomorrow. starting to look a little like a bike! :D
DSCF5101.jpg
DSCF5102-1.jpg
DSCF5103.jpg

She is a beauty!! Really nice work you´ve been doing, colour scheme is great!
Can´t wait to see her finished :mrgreen:

It's looking really good. I've got to find another one now! I'm addicted! :mrgreen:
Sean

Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD UPDATED NEW PIC 8/18

i opted to paint the bars the antique white. they were so rough and pitted, they would have never looked good powdercoated. got them mounted and grips on. got the rear fender painted, just need to do the white on them. hopefully will get spokes this week!!! :x anyone else had any trouble ordering from memory lane lately? usually have real good luck, not so much lately. :? anywho, i like the way it is turning out!
DSCF5110.jpg

I've been watching this one for a while. It's absolutely beautiful! Colsons are really well built, nice riding bikes and it's great to see this one revived so beautifully. :) It's going to be stunning when done. Quite the transformation.

Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD UPDATED NEW PIC 8/30

here she is on here wheels. still need to finish the rear fender and find a front one and redo the seat. been working on her in between about 10 other projects including building a garage and oh yeah, a full-time job!HA! :lol: here are a few pics!
106_4861.jpg
106_4860.jpg

Looks really good. A trick I have found is after you pull the tape on the scallops ,you can take a cuetip with lighter fluid on it and work the bleeds and they come right off.

thanks stretch! i have been using fine line masking tape so haven't had too much trouble with that. will try it in the future! :D

that is such a classy looking bike! :D you have done a great job on the resto,and the smile on that man`s face when he finally sees it,will be priceless :D no front fender huh....

Remarkable job on a very clean restoration, the bike is looking positively mint! :D

Dying to see her all done. Will continue to be singularly classy for sure! 8)

Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD IT IS DONE!!!!

IT'S DONE!!!! :D got back on it in the last week or so and knocked it out. i will get pics up later, turned out nice!!!!

Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD IT IS DONE!!!!

here is some pics. let me know what you think, i hope the feller likes. :D i got really busy this summer with building a new garage and addition onto the house. glad they weren't in a hurry :lol:
DSCF9226.jpg

Back