LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD IT IS DONE PIC W/OWNER! 1/15

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD IT IS DONE NEW PICS 12/18

nice :!:
it's an outstanding job good work :!: :wink:

thanks guys! yeah, it needs a chain guard, BUT not the wrong one. i am waiting to find a correct colson to put on it. i found one on flea bay for $125 and the guy said get it but after looking at it again, i couldn't bring myself to buy it. it was just too beat up. i could paint one up and put it on in the mean time, but the more times on and off with it the more chances to hurt the paint. :wink: the trick with the lighter fluid on the bleed thru's is the berries uncle stretch! works great.

awsome bike nice to see more of a resto than rat sometimes. i hate to do this and make a suggestion but i cant help myself. imagine this bike with brick red tires, matching grips, and a honey leather seat? again not taking anything away from it she looks sweet

Yeah, I was thinking of an appropriate aftermarket piece, more than just any old pos. Any way, it's already got the type of chain guard I usually use. :mrgreen: If you can find OEM for that more power to you. :wink:

That came out great! Very nice.
Sean

well, just bought a colson road king on flea bay w/a chainguard so i will paint it and put it on the packard. that will complete it and i will send it on it's way. i hope to get a pic of the gentleman w/his bike when he comes and gets it, i will post it with his permission. :D

Nice job man!

I like the colors - they fit it perfectly.

I'll bet when the guy sees it, he'll be one big grin...

well, got the roadking this week and got the chain guard stripped and painted. so here it is complete! the feller wasn't diggin' the painted handlebars so i got a pair of repops from memory lane and put them on. was thinking about putting a white pinstripe on the guard, but after looking at the pic of the bike from the 1940's the guy gave me, it looks like it was a solid color so i kept it as original as possible. here it is.
DSCF9242.jpg

Re: LATEST RESTO JOB 1938 PACKARD IT IS DONE W/CHAINGUARD 1/10

looks good! i think it looks better with the repop bars too. :wink:

I'm a jealous guy right now. A '38 Colson is good, but restored beautifully, and in those colors, is a whole lot better! I absolutely love the way it turned out. The repop bars are perfect on there, as is the chaingaurd right as it is. Wouldn't change a thing.

Great job on this bike. I may have to consider getting a set of repro handle bars for my Elgin now. It looks fantastic.
Sean

Boy it did turn out nice. Shows what a little attention to detail will do for a rebuild. :mrgreen:

thanks guys! compliments from members of this site means alot with all the awesome talent on here!!! :D hope to get the bike to the feller in the next day or two. to be quite honest, it is kind of nerve racking having it setting in the garage! :shock:

i got a pair of repops from memory lane
Are they carrying them again, or did you already have it? Last I heard, bicyclebones bought all they had & put 'em on ebay for $75. -Adam

Rustinkerer said:
i got a pair of repops from memory lane
Are they carrying them again, or did you already have it? Last I heard, bicyclebones bought all they had & put 'em on ebay for $75. -Adam

I thought those bars on e-bay looked familiar, but the price scared me. How long ago did bicyclebones buy them out? I was down at memory lane just before thanksgiving and they still had the prewar style bars with the center bar. and thought they were half the price of what bicycle bones was asking on ebay. my thought when seeing the ebay bars was i'll get them from Memory Lane.
hmmmm guess i'll have to call them and check as it's the only part still needed for my Henderson project anyway.

Really Like that Old Packard, great job on the restore. I agree about the Red Brick Tires and the honey colored saddle. a nice brooks springer saddle would look killer. I have a feeling that feller that you fixed it up for will be grinning ear to ear. even better that he plans on giving it to his son as a keepsake.

Keep hoping to one day find that awsome pre war balloon tank bike that someone has been sitting on since they were a kid,well for the right price anyway, it'll come sometime.

Great Bike!
Rick

Back