SWB0 Lazyboy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1705389441529.jpeg

stand1.jpg

I mounted it on a heavy piece of wood because the base wasn't stable unless it was attached to something.

Last edited:
You un-bamboo’d Bamboozle? Oh my!

I was expecting a whole bamboo ensemble to match. Cart, drawbar, seat with a sunshade maybe . . . Sorta Jungle Chic.

Nice parts prices over there.

You un-bamboo’d Bamboozle? Oh my!

I was expecting a whole bamboo ensemble to match. Cart, drawbar, seat with a sunshade maybe . . . Sorta Jungle Chic.

Nice parts prices over there.
I might do something Tropical Island style for the Annual Build Off, but this will be classy, black and gold and fast to boot.

My U bolts came in along with the new red tire for Frankenscoot. The U bolts are all larger than they are listed as. They even put the labels in showing the errors. Lucky for me I ordered different sizes, so the 1/2" size is just right for the 1" frame. The other two sizes are 1 1/2" and 1 3/4" and were supposed to be 5/8" and 1".
17 Jan 24.jpg

Fits like a glove.
17 Jan 24a.jpg

Work will resume next week, it's time for a road trip!
1705480713999.jpeg

You spoke of wire brushing the frame. But you have a hand grinder. Get a flap disk.

I found a gold tensioner made for a motorcycle right after I ordered a different style one. So I ordered the gold one too, maybe it needs two of them.
roller.jpg

I also found a lever for the yet to be designed foot brake. A motorcycle shift lever in gold:

brake.jpg

I can't do any cutting on the seat mount with clothes drying in the shop, so I'm focusing on the brake.
I want to run a solid steel rod from the brake to the foot pedal. It might be easier to run a cable with a couple of stops, but I want the rod style brake. I also want it to be actuated by either foot so there's another engineering problem.

21 Jan 24.jpg

I am interested in how you will fit this between the cranks and pedals, as it will form a nice cluster of controls.

I am interested in how you will fit this between the cranks and pedals, as it will form a nice cluster of controls.
I was looking at that also, maybe the foot pedal should be behind the cranks for clearance. I could also have an extension so it could be hand operated along with foot.

Last edited:
A flap wheel doesn't scratch like a wire wheel it polishes. I use one a lot to remove paint it leaves a nicer finish and you can clean up welds as well. Worth trying. I used wire wheels until I saw Luke often used a flap wheel, so I tried one. Rusty or thick paint I'm still starting with a wire wheel but switching asap.

A flap wheel doesn't scratch like a wire wheel it polishes. I use one a lot to remove paint it leaves a nicer finish and you can clean up welds as well. Worth trying. I used wire wheels until I saw Luke often used a flap wheel, so I tried one. Rusty or thick paint I'm still starting with a wire wheel but switching asap.
It can't hurt to have more tools. I'm going to get a set of flap wheels, 60, 80, and 120.

It can't hurt to have more tools. I'm going to get a set of flap wheels, 60, 80, and 120.
I use the flap wheel till I can't get in tight spots then switch to wire I use the fine wire keeps scratching to minimum

Back