Let's see those things never meant for a bike on your bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meeba said:
I know it is completely opposite, but I have a bicycle bell on my handtruck
Pics later once i figure it out on my phone or get home to puter

C360_2011-01-0408-43-28.jpg

Parts is parts
Horse shoe fork brace!
IMG_0422c.jpg

IMG_0431c.jpg

IMG_0087c.jpg

IMG_0086c.jpg

MOON EYES car valve covers NOT for the valves
IMG_0072c.jpg

IMG_0064c.jpg

IMG_0052c.jpg

:idea: :idea: :shock: 8) 8) 8) 8)

herr_rudolf said:
@ outsider13

GREAT IDEAS!!! 8)
I could imaging the horseshoe also looking cool 'grabbing' the reartire.

Did you first mount actual tubevalves on the frame for those valvecaps?
Looking good...

Yes the valve stems I used are a little thin so for now they are for show and placement. I'll get the fatter ones and make them permanent. Maybe a plate across the opening. The frame is a western flyer x-53. I can't find or afford the attachment rack, so I came up with this. :idea: :shock: :mrgreen:

atv fairing for my bagger project

Picture152-1.jpg

also that headlight is from a hand held lantern, but i'm going to switch to someone elses idea of an off road aux light. i'm also warming upto the idea of putting some car stereo speakers in the fairing, but i have to find the particular ones i'm wanting to use.

also motorcycle saddle bags for the same project

Picture151-1.jpg

Skipton said:
1940's Ford Speedo
1920"s Big as my head Automotive Headlight
Both do work :wink:

Nice work.

I've been looking for something like this... I have an old bicycle speedo with no disc, and I'd like to get it working - finding parts where I am is a nightmare to say the least.. also I have a speedo off a '63 Y-20 Yamaha, it works, but has a worm drive on the end. I'd appreciate some how to tips. I was thinking on the bicycle speedo I could maybe braze a disc on, what circumference or diameter should the disc be for a 20" and/or 24" wheel? Does the disc go on the rubber, or a cog in the spokes near the hub? Any help would be great thanks :shock:

Thanks guys, you've given me some great ideas for
building a custom bike. Everything I own is pretty
much stock. I look forward to building something
a little wild at some point.

Stingray1.jpg

Bridgestone3.jpg

CannondaleSM6001.jpg

Raleigh1.jpg

Puch1.jpg

Schwinn3.jpg

005-6.jpg
headlight
006-4.jpg
headlight (led, which now resides on the fork)
last004.jpg
brake pad
i used a piece of 3/4 inch brass tubing for handle bars on the black bike, but i cant find that picture right now.

I use evry 6v handheld lantern bucket that I find. But automotive taillights are huge in my area, and right now the fad is an upside down aluminum crutch as a sissy bar. But any decorative pieces I find end up in there too. Including screen door guards and some kind of decorative magazine holder with the cloth removed as a rear rack. Looks sleigh-like to me. This bike was built as a bit of a "nightmare before christmas" inspired bike. Not a theme bike, just inspired.
SANY0318.jpg

snydur said:
005-6.jpg
headlight
006-4.jpg
last004.jpg
brake pad
i used a piece of 3/4 inch brass tubing for handle bars on the black bike, but i cant find that picture right now.
Are those brake pad backings used basically as drop spindles on the rear of that bottom bike?

ozzmonaut said:
I use evry 6v handheld lantern bucket that I find. But automotive taillights are huge in my area, and right now the fad is an upside down aluminum crutch as a sissy bar. But any decorative pieces I find end up in there too. Including screen door guards and some kind of decorative magazine holder with the cloth removed as a rear rack. Looks sleigh-like to me. This bike was built as a bit of a "nightmare before christmas" inspired bike. Not a theme bike, just inspired.
SANY0318.jpg
Some of that screen door is also used as ornamentation on the rear of the front fender.

not really sure about this one. they're water bottles, but they're too small to go in a normal water bottle holder so i don't know if they'd be considered for a bike or not

002-2.jpg

001-5.jpg

3" pipe clamps turned into rack ends and truss rod crown. Rear taillight is conduit nut lens is glass machine indicator lens

dscf2113w.jpg

By null at 2010-07-18

ozzmonaut said:
snydur said:
005-6.jpg
headlight
006-4.jpg
last004.jpg
brake pad
Are those brake pad backings used basically as drop spindles on the rear of that bottom bike?
yeah. they would have worked great, except i couldnt find (and still cant )find two matching pads. i ended up using flat plate steel. that bike is the orange one in bare metal. you can see the flat metal in the orange picture. viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38717 heres a "how to"

black.jpg
and bike with previously mentioned electrical taped 3/4 inch brass tubing handlebars. :mrgreen:

Back