Let's see those things never meant for a bike on your bike!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I sold a guy a set of '58 Ford emblems he was gonna put on a Western Flyer X53. Maybe he'll post some pics.

Petrohead said:
XC204 said:
3" pipe clamps turned into rack ends and truss rod crown. Rear taillight is conduit nut lens is glass machine indicator lens

dscf2113w.jpg

By null at 2010-07-18

NICE RACK! That thing is clean!
+1 8) Nice work!

Would it be possible to take a "pan-out" pic to see how it all looks on your bike?

Im a truck mechanic.so I started building my first rat rod bike,I have to put to put truck stuff on it.I put tractor trailer brake valves on handle bars and a steering wheel knob on it.I have a freightliner emblem on basket for now that might change though.....

2012-01-26160112.jpg

2012-01-26160128.jpg

One thing i want to do (didnt work out the first attempt) is to wrap a frame in barbwire and if i ever learn to weld i want to weld spikes going dow the top bar or fill in the middle with spiderweb

Steve66 said:
One thing i want to do (didnt work out the first attempt) is to wrap a frame in barbwire and if i ever learn to weld i want to weld spikes going dow the top bar or fill in the middle with spiderweb
I had the same idea with barbed wire, but I never did do it, because I just imagined all of the snags on clothes and other materials. Even blunting the barbs wouldn't help with all of that.

Southpark Kenny chess pawn figure valve cap

WP_000940.jpg

Life vest head light and boat bow lights for tail lights on Fugsley.

Life vest headlight and boat bow lights as tail lights. Kinda goes with the water ski rack of Fugsley.
IMG_4872.jpg

IMG_4873.jpg

WP_000985.jpg

IMG_4878.jpg

Someone already mentioned conduit...I've used that for both forks and sissy bars.
choppers007.jpg

Hubcaps...and more conduit.
bikes025.jpg

Someone mentioned coolers...my kid and I used one for this thing.
chrome16004.jpg

chrome16005.jpg

I used sheet metal, masonite and an old curtain to build this thing.
haunted2.jpg

haunted1.jpg

Beer bans were mentioned...I used one to build a Moon tank for my gasser bike.
rattank.jpg

ratleft.jpg

I used a piece of wood, some marine vinyl and a shoestring to make the 'chute for it.
ratchute.jpg

I used my old garage lights to make a headlight and a tail light for my Halloween bike last year.
halloween002.jpg

halloween007.jpg

halloween004.jpg

I mounted a battery powered strobe light under the seat.
halloween006.jpg

I used black cats from a Halloween cake to make valvecaps, and I attached chains to the back that dragged on the ground.
halloween003.jpg

I used a folding beach chair for my beach cruiser.
choppers002.jpg

This thread definitely needs to continue.
I love the beach chair cruiser.
Thanks for the quote kudos Outskirt.

Come on rats, you know you got something to post on this thread!!!

My crutch sissy bar on my spaceliner.
PB130004.jpg

Used some bolts from a set of old roller blades to give it a much more streamlined look.
PB130010.jpg

I had a flux capacitor on mine once but took it off .. was way too hard to pedal 88 mph in a storm

Back