Looking forward to RRBBO#8

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Justin already started building :!: :eek:

turtle-cam.png

I ended up selling the two frames I had that I was thinking of using so I am challenging myself to start a new design all together. Nothing previously thought about or done. Kinda thinking of using the occ chopper I got to build a kind of David Mann meets Von Dutch build. Unless I sell it too. Then I don't know.

Peatbog said:
Hey, you can't get ta buildin' if you go and sell all your buildin' material. Get ta stashin'.
Got to sell some of it so I got money for paint and supplies, I got plenty more to build so don't worry. Besides making a bike out of leftovers and junk is what rat rodding is all about.

As someone who uses the internet only occasionally and am fearful of missing something, when should I expect to see rules and starting date information published here somewhere?

Wackazoidal said:
As someone who uses the internet only occasionally and am fearful of missing something, when should I expect to see rules and starting date information published here somewhere?

Well you can look at last years rules.... then read every build thread from last year to figure out how to get around them without being flamed. Personally if it doesn't turn to "anything goes" I hope Ratrod will insist upon a mandatory 12 bunny limit. :shock:

yoothgeye said:
motopsyco said:
I hope Ratrod will insist upon a mandatory 12 bunny limit. :shock:

As a moderator I can go wabbit huntin! *delete* *delete* *delete*...

As long as you delete all of your bunnies as well.

kingfish254 said:
yoothgeye said:
motopsyco said:
I hope Ratrod will insist upon a mandatory 12 bunny limit. :shock:

As a moderator I can go wabbit huntin! *delete* *delete* *delete*...

As long as you delete all of your bunnies as well.

:mrgreen: OK, only actual bunnies allowed, like bunnies that you catch during the build-off, as I have for the last 2 years.

I STILL hope it is an anything goes build so I can pay my son to build a bike for me! Just imagine, if you will, a 100 degree shop with him working while I enjoy a cool beverage. Now that's the life!
Also, I can see if anything I taught him stuck at all! Or maybe, I'll just support my local bike shop. :idea:

YES! Now I don't even have to build my own bike!!! I even have lots of Tang and grape Kool-aid if powder coating is allowed(Don't think I'm joking! I'll give new meaning to a "candy" paint job)!
Oh wait. Maybe it's going back to the first build off rules. :idea:
Odd that people did it and didn't complain about the rules then. :?

I don't have any plans to for anything that are outside the previous rules. so unless there is a rule that states you have to cut and weld, then I am covered.

I'm thinking about doing the build-off again. Depends on whether I find the right frame. Right now, I dont' have anything worthy.... unless I count that 20" Stingray..... hmmmmm....... we'll see. I still have time to pick a frame. Wife actually like riding the Stingray (she's 4'10", she fits it) but wants real brakes and maybe gears. I'm thinking Sturmey 3-speed drum rear.

Rat Rod said:
There will definitely be some new rules in place this year. ;)

Very interesting...... :wink:

Peatbog said:
Once the new rules are up, we all shut up and just follow them.

This. :mrgreen:

Back