MAXXIMUM FLOW (LAST CALL!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here we go again! :D this year im gonna work the "flow" angle as best i can. my goal is to build up a nice vintage style hot rod bike with a little bit of art deco overtones. basically i want the bike to look like its in motion,even when its parked. this one will get paint/scallops/pinstriping! :wink: the core of the bike will be a higgins frame/shelby springer/columbia chainguard combo. all three parts have a nice curvy rearward sweep to them,that should work well with the other goodies! :D lets have some fun! :D
DSCN3286.jpg
DSCN3288.jpg
DSCN3291.jpg

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW

Looks great already ! like too see where you take this one 8)

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW

Looks like it is going to be a beauty. Got my attention. Can't wait for the August unveiling.

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW (update 5/8)

started playing around with some parts today. i got lucky last week while digging through my fender sets, and found a nice higgins fender to work with! :D i wanted to run the bob a little long, so i layed the front fender on it and marked it with a sharpie. then i pulled a tape line over that,because it helps me make a cleaner cut when using a dremel tool. while i had the dremel out, i re-shaped the rear dropouts for easier tire loading. put together a cwc flying heart sprocket w/ a vintage dogleg crank, threw a few more parts on it, so i guess i`ll call this a partial mock-up! :lol:
DSCN3297.jpg
DSCN3302.jpg
DSCN3306.jpg
DSCN3315.jpg
DSCN3323.jpg
DSCN3321.jpg
DSCN3320.jpg

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW (update 5/8)

Mmmmm TASTY! :lol: :shock:

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW (update 5/18)

2-1/2 months to go, so i really got to stretch this one out! :lol: finally got the fork back on after spending about an hour hand filing the headtube, so the bearing race would fit. stem and bars are on, but i still have to trim 3/8" off of the stem,so that it will sit lower. slapped on a purdy skip chain and some pedals too. :D this year im running a big/little tire combo like alot of others, but a much milder version. im running an electra 2.35 and a kenda 1.95, both mounted on vintage triple drop lobdells w/new departure hubs. the rims will have to be worked over to get out a few dings, then they will be sprayed in satin ivory. next up is to bump the front wheel forward,for a little extra stretch! 8)
DSCN3367.jpg
DSCN3329.jpg
DSCN3341.jpg
DSCN3334.jpg
DSCN3345.jpg
DSCN3362.jpg
DSCN3374.jpg
DSCN3355.jpg
DSCN3350.jpg

Very nice, keep up the good work :D

It's looking really good. You've definitely got the right stance.

You said in another forum that you were going to use the Velo Orange bars. I guess you went with the Belleville. They look sharp.
You beat me to the Bellevilles so I think I'll run the Porteurs.

How are you mounting the aluminum stem?

Best of Luck.

MplsCoaster said:
It's looking really good. You've definitely got the right stance.

You said in another forum that you were going to use the Velo Orange bars. I guess you went with the Belleville. They look sharp.
You beat me to the Bellevilles so I think I'll run the Porteurs.

How are you mounting the aluminum stem?

Best of Luck.
the aluminum stem is a regular quill style stem.

Lookin sweet ! i like the over all flow of the bike and choice of parts soo far 8)

I'm trying the Belleville handlebars with my build too. I've also had my eyes on the Montmartre bars by VO. It's been a tough choice.

I love the repeating swoopy lines allover the bike. The middle framebar, the trussrods, the bobbed fender, the chainguard...
8)

Insert: "I want"... the middle frame bar, the trussrods... :mrgreen:

Lookin good Big John! I like the chainguard, forks, bobbed fender & everything else for that matter. Now you need a nice headbadge! (haha) It's on the way tomorrow. I wanted to use a bobbed fender on my project, but with a middle weight frame it was just too tight & would hide my fat tire. I have to admit I'm a little jealous! Can't wait to see the finished product! 8)

Back