MAXXIMUM FLOW (LAST CALL!)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW (update 6/22)

ive been a slacker for a month,so i guess im gonna have to step it up now! :lol: fabbed up some temporary rockers and moved the front wheel 2-1/2" forward and 1/2"up. then i pulled the truss rods forward,so they were inline with the fork and seat tube,thus giving me another nice curve at the top of the truss rods! decided to mount the other matching big tire up front to balance it out. luckily, i already had a converted headlight made to fit behind truss rods, so i stole it off my huffman. i have 2 different taillights to choose from and alot of smaller details that will show up when its go time. :wink: heres a few pics before i drift on back to page 3! :lol: :lol:
DSCN3381.jpg
DSCN3389.jpg
DSCN3387.jpg
DSCN3392.jpg
DSCN3397.jpg
DSCN3405.jpg
DSCN3403.jpg

I really like the whole look of your bike. Front end, perfect! Nice and tight, every thing "just" fits.

First of all. I love those chainguards. It really adds alot to your bike.

Now, on my bike, it seems like everybody has questioned everything I've done so far, so I really hate to be "that guy". BUT :mrgreen: I'm really not sure the truss rods were designed to handle the strain the new front end configuration will put on them. You might want to ride it around the block a few times before you get too far. If I am wrong, well GOOD! Also if you look a my bike I'm kinda callin the pot black right now. :oops: So basically if yours is strong enough I'll be a lot more confidant about mine haha. Hope I didn't burst your bubble :?

Rockit! said:
First of all. I love those chainguards. It really adds alot to your bike.

Now, on my bike, it seems like everybody has questioned everything I've done so far, so I really hate to be "that guy". BUT :mrgreen: I'm really not sure the truss rods were designed to handle the strain the new front end configuration will put on them. You might want to ride it around the block a few times before you get too far. If I am wrong, well GOOD! Also if you look a my bike I'm kinda callin the pot black right now. :oops: So basically if yours is strong enough I'll be a lot more confidant about mine haha. Hope I didn't burst your bubble :?
no bubble burst here! :D the x-53 style springer and the shelby work in different ways. yours is a more traditional lower rocker style pivoting springer,whereas the shelby pivots at the lower head tube and works as one solid piece. its got stainless bolts and a stiffer spring waiting to install after its painted. ive got a x-53 springer on my murray fleetline,and its my 2nd smoothest rider. smoothest ride still goes to the cwc shockmaster! :D

Yo this bIke is my favorite right now! I mean today cuz mOst of theses bikes are great. Now get ta buildin'!! Peace

Cool bike, love that stance 8)

Nuthing but pure class and sass. Those bars are cool.

Skipton said:
Bumped you from page 3 to page 1 :wink:

Any updates :?:
skip, thanks for waking me up! :lol: its so quiet and stress free on the back pages,so i thought id just camp out there. i`ll start throwing out some teaser pics towards the end of the week. im sticking to last years game plan...3 page build thread,hide on the back pages, then throw the bike out there and see what happens! :lol:

YOU SLY DOG YOU!! NICE LOOKING BIKE...GET TA BUILDIN'!! PEACE

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW (update 7/26)

a couple months back i bought a higgins headbadge from fellow member pick. i finally got around to putting it on last saturday, and was shocked at how it totally changed the look of the bike! :shock: thanks pick, for the magic headbadge. :wink:
DSCN3460.jpg

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW 7/26- new headbadge!

ok enough of the sneaky pictures lets see it throw down your cards i dare you!!! sweet bike the mock up looked sick with the stance lets see it painted!!!!

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW 7/26- new headbadge!

karfer67 said:
ok enough of the sneaky pictures lets see it throw down your cards i dare you!!! sweet bike the mock up looked sick with the stance lets see it painted!!!!
boss, im working fast as i can! :lol: i should have it buttoned up tonight, but still have to paint the headlight and make a bracket for the taillight. its a shiny beast this year! :D

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW 7/27- 90% finished!

im really starting to regret that 5 week nap i took! :lol: now i have to re-wire the headlight that decided to quit working,paint it and then make a taillight bracket. and to make things more stressfull, we are supposed to have thunderstorms for the next 5 days! :x anyway, heres a few driveway shots of "the rustbuster". :lol:
DSCN3468.jpg
DSCN3470.jpg
DSCN3477.jpg
DSCN3481.jpg
DSCN3478.jpg

Re: MAXXIMUM FLOW 7/27- 90% finished!

I REALLY like this build :wink: This bike looks "mean", has a great stance, paint job, wheels..... :D

Back