Mongoose Beast Fat Bike build and ideas

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye, you'll probably be able to pick one up cheap here in Reno after Labor Day. The CraigsList Ads will probably read: "brand new; used only one week".

RenoGuy said:
yoothgeye, you'll probably be able to pick one up cheap here in Reno after Labor Day. The CraigsList Ads will probably read: "brand new; used only one week".

Haha, no worries, I've had mine for months. Mine was one of the first string beasts.

Notice that these are setup outdoors so that customers don't pass out from the tire fumes. :mrgreen:

yoothgeye said:
RenoGuy said:

Haha, no worries, I've had mine for months. Mine was one of the first string beasts.

I should've said, "you'll be able to pick up *a 2nd* one..." 8)

kingfish254 said:
Notice that these are setup outdoors so that customers don't pass out from the tire fumes. :mrgreen:

It helped a little, but still the fumes were in the air. What is it with those tire fumes anyway?

These bikes have piqued my interest... I might want to change out the tires to something a little more street cruiser friendly.

I know some of you have used the Sunlite Crushers but how about the BOA-G's? They're around the same size. WIll they fit the 100mm rim?

Mr. Black said:
These bikes have piqued my interest... I might want to change out the tires to something a little more street cruiser friendly.

I know some of you have used the Sunlite Crushers but how about the BOA-G's? They're around the same size. WIll they fit the 100mm rim?

Actually the BOAs are no where near as big as the 26x4 tires. I had wondered how they would fit on the rims and norkalkid has some monted on similar rims for sale right now. The BOAs look pretty good on there, but definitely a lower profile and no where near the volume of the Fat tires.
I have some black and also some crème BOAs that I might try on Fat Fink II, but I am kinda reluctant to. To me the FATNESS is the fun with these bikes and compared to the other tires, it would be changing the bike from a FAT TIRE bike to just a bike with FAT WHEELS.
image-3.jpg

Rat Rod said:
*$100 assembly and box disposal fee :lol:

Kind of steep at $100.00 but if you don't know how to turn a wrench, or have a pot of grease, know how to adjust over-tightened stuff, or a junk box of bearings and such to replace missing "stuff", maybe talking this guy down to $50-over might not be such a bad deal! :D

OK - OK I still like mine despite the out of box short-comings. :D

Has anybody stripped the paint off the rims yet? How tough is the paint? Seems like it would look very good in silver; either polished or matte finished.

I read all 33 pages of this thread before starting my beast build. thank you to all who posted their parts and ideas. I did a 18 tooth freewheel with 203mm disk. I am using the 32 tooth center of the 3 cog cluster up front (looking for a good derailer set) I think I've found a good way to mount it... clamp from an offroad buggy shop. here are some pics

and I laced up my own wheel... this was my first ever attempt :mrgreen: man I did a happy dance very proud

Very nice! How's the thickness of the tubing for welding? And issues with burn thru?

Great! Thats actually thicker than I thought it would be. No wonder they are so heavy!

Latest posts

Back