My Latest Selling Experience.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol @ ''yankees'' is that really a thing that people say still? Honest question...

Yes they do. I will never be a true Texan, always a Yankee to the locals.
Hahaha, that is hilarious to me, I remeber when I was staioned in the carolinas for a bit, I heard a few of my peers say it. I didn't know that ''Yankee'' is used by a lot of people though.

Lol @ ''yankees'' is that really a thing that people say still? Honest question...

In Georgia we still refer to northerners that come and visit and return home as Yankees. We like them just fine.
We only have a problem with the ones that visit and stay here. We call those .... Yankees. :happy:
Queenfish was 20 years old before she realized that DamnYankee was two words. :p

Sorry, I don't understand your Texan there, 808..:blush:

Really those of you down south, I know what you mean about dem Yankee settlers...Every time I go back to my former residence I wonder just why it took so long for me to see the light and get out of there....
Funny thing now, I have a friend buying classic Pickup parts down here, he has me do the calling and negotiating after he got burned the first time by a junkyard who saw a fresh Yankee victim to rip off. He will email but he says I sound more Texan than him..:dance2:

Sorry, I don't understand your Texan there, 808..:blush:

That's a surprising disappointment (or a disappointing surprise); I'd only translated my post for the benefit of the Tejanos on RRB. The translation of my previous post, back into the original Yankee, is something like "We Yankees live an awesome life; I'm proud to be on of us".

I'm more southern than you "southerners"

Far far south, about 30 minutes form Mexico. The Carolina's? Pft.... Yankees.

Well back OT, I'm pretty specific in my CL posts, like VERY specific. I always request for them to email first, then basically weed out the lowballers, answer ALL questions before agreeing to meet, and will always have cash on hand in order to break larger bills. I know that selling requires patience and some work on my part.

The only time I ever had a weird buyer was a few months ago, when he paid for a cycle truck frame, half up front for me to hold onto it, and then he pay pal'd me the rest later. Never picked up the frame and I haven't heard from him since.

Well back OT, I'm pretty specific in my CL posts, like VERY specific. I always request for them to email first, then basically weed out the lowballers, answer ALL questions before agreeing to meet, and will always have cash on hand in order to break larger bills. I know that selling requires patience and some work on my part.

The only time I ever had a weird buyer was a few months ago, when he paid for a cycle truck frame, half up front for me to hold onto it, and then he pay pal'd me the rest later. Never picked up the frame and I haven't heard from him since.

The Red Worksman?

The Red Worksman?
Yup.

Guy never got back to me. I emailed him dozens of times, it's still in my garage, collecting dust. I'm going to list it on the bay, I felt bad at first but not anymore.

Back