My project plans - First bike in the making.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh man! I'm diggin the one to the far right with no back wheel. It has the coolest geometry IMO... :D
DIMMU!
ICSVortex.jpg

Oh man! I'm diggin the one to the far right with no back wheel. It has the coolest geometry IMO... :D
DIMMU!
yeah it's awsome it's a Gritzner bike produced just 20 km's from my home back in the war days.

oh man!
are you kidding me??? Look at all those bikes... And those surroundings. Beautiful.

yeah 11 bikes in total, and our property is kinda nice:p

Now i need to know if you think any of these bb shells would fit with the one-piece crank?

I think you'll need to do some measuring to figure that out. There aren't that many different cup sizes, but the length of the shaft varies. Some shell/shaft combinations just don't work in terms of feeding it through, spacing to center, and threading the inner races.

and here i was, thinking that building a bike wouldn't be that hard, seems like the easiest thing for this project would be to basically chop up a new frame from choppersus.com but what a waste that would be when I got all these donor bikes :(

Yeah, I've figured, but it should be possible to mount a sprocket on a 20mm front hub on the opposite side of the disc mount?

Well chopperolli did mention he had used 14mm rear hubs, i might just try and see if it houlds up, and if it doesn't atleast i'll be one experience wiser :p

thanks for the link iRide;)

Quick idea for the middle "transmission" if you will:

You could use an old rear hub with a 5-speed freewheel on it. Put the chain coming from the front on a smaller cog (14t, or 16t) and put the other chain going to the rear wheel on a larger one (25t, etc.) This would not only let you adjust the amount of gear ratio, but also let you adjust the chainline somewhat. You could make a simple U-bracket to hold the "middle" hub and freewheel, and bolt it down to the frame with lateral slots in it, to allow for side-to-side adjustments.

Cheap, effective, and simple.

Back