My rides in and around Boise.- updated 7-2-16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I finished putting together this 3 speed diamond cruiser last night, so I rode it to work today. I built this bike because my knees can not really stand to be riding old cruisers anymore. I needed a frame where my legs fully extend as on the rest of my bikes. My best guess is that KHS Montana is from 1983-84.

At lunch I cruised down the Greenbelt to the Boise Bike Project to return a tool that I had borrowed.

IMAG0727.jpg

Re: Lunch time Cruise

Like the tires on that bike cman. Are they Bontragers ? The crossbar handlebars make it look like a tougher bike too 8)

Ritchey Moby Bite's similar to the 3G SlickyG's. Great riding tires.

Skull SKate Chromo bars.

Thanks

CCR said:
Pretty brave running a quick release on that seat too 8)
I know.

Rat Rod said:
Looks awesome...great combo of parts...looks fun to ride! :D
Thanks to you. :wink: :wink:

I am undecided on the CETMA front rack. I need some way to carry a lock and lunch so it is either this or a saddle bag that I have.

Nice, I like those bars and stem, looks like a comfy ride.

Nice combo of parts! looks really comfortable
I have a triangle frame too that is setup similarly and for the same reasons
Never seen the Moby's before, I may have to pick up a set, much to my wife's dismay :lol:

The names are donors to the capital campaign last year. BBP raised $115,000 to buy the building. I donated too, but not at that level.

Sent from my Casio. Wrist Watch.

Thanks for explanation. You got RRB on your watch? - your knees are going (per original post) but not your eyes. :wink:

Haha. Eyes are fine...... Still under 40.:wink:

Nice.

I'm doing something a little bit like this myself... little bit
my knees are fine, my wrist isn't so hot, but it's mainly just to have practical ride that's not... boring.

cman said:

I'm totally stealing this.

Last Sunday was BBP's 5th Anniversary party. Of course it was themed,so 80's prom was in style. We rode down the Greenbelt to the party. At the party, it was free food and beer plus recognition award for donors, employees and volunteers. I was Crowned King (Volunteer of the Year). Lots of fun was had.

IMAG0732.jpg

IMAG0744.jpg

IMAG0734.jpg

IMAG0740.jpg

IMAG0747.jpg

Back