My rides in and around Boise.- updated 7-2-16

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My son and I have been building up
this Sun Atlas cargo bike up. He was anxious to ride it in the snow. So we took his skis up to have the bindings adjusted.

age2e2ej.jpg

mymyhehy.jpg

The ski hill opened today so the bikes stayed home. The high temperature at the hill was 1F.

ju6ejese.jpg

Wow that's quite a tree. Reminds me... Wife once brought home a really tall and big tree. Reached the ceiling and just looked silly in the house it was so big. She took it back and exchanged it. Tree people said it was the first time they'd ever had anyone want to return/exchange a tree.
Cool to see your Son on the cargo bike.

The boys, my niece and I took a nice ride on the Greenbelt today. The sun was a nice surprise as it has been foggy and hazzy due to an inversion. We through some rocks in the ice to hear some cool noises.
yrutenad.jpg

anany8yz.jpg

3ubyme4y.jpg

e7utegas.jpg

4yha3ubu.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Good pics Clancy. Wife and I were chucking huge rocks on our local reservoir recently while walking the dog. Those noises are cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wife and I were chucking huge rocks on our local reservoir recently while walking the dog. Those noises are cool.
I need to remember to bring larger rocks next time.

We also took down the Christmas tree and used my son's New cargo bike to haul the tree around to the alley. We came up with the idea of an annual New Year's Day drag race. I will spend the next year recruiting more racers.

y4e5ytuv.jpg

I seem to have a hard time updating this thread even though I ride every day. Here are some pics from the last few months.

Cool bridge on the Greenbelt.

era8e8eb.jpg

The start of the whitewater park which is being expanded this year.

dutuva3u.jpg

Johnny Fuego's bike at Bike Builder's Gallery.

seqy4era.jpg

Other Bike Builder Gallery pics.

9ygyhasu.jpg

uveva8ej.jpg

uvu3egyn.jpg

I ran the As Is sale today down at the BBP.
uzyve9ev.jpg

Last edited:
At the Bike Builder's Gallery, there was a photographer volunteering for some studio shots. Most people opted to have their photo with the bike except for me.

nagymaza.jpg

May is Bike Month across the country and that means bike counts here in Boise. I volunteer and usually count the same intersection near my office. It is a odd intersection as most cyclist ride the sidewalks.... It is not very bike friendly.

nava8abe.jpg

It happens to be next to the cemetery too.

tu7asepe.jpg

Back