New Haven CT.Bust a gut bike run

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Search – now, returning to the original premise of the thread; Steve, have you and the guys determined a time and date – please, chose a day in the low 70’s with sunny skies and no wind! :)

Perhaps my childhood friend, Old Dog, in his spandex riding suit, can both keep-up and be served at, the bar with us.
070301_14204_lunalycra_ug.grid-6x2.jpg

What kinds of people dress their animals like that anyway? People dressing their animals for cycling while some people undress themselves for cycling – this world is confused I’m telling you, this world is confused!
I dunno your dog looks better than some of the bullet heads we've seen on the trails,you really should get him a helmet though,remember safety first!

Search – now, returning to the original premise of the thread; Steve, have you and the guys determined a time and date – please, chose a day in the low 70’s with sunny skies and no wind! :)
Looks like the proposed ride date is updated to sun 6/1 early afternoon say 11:30 ish starting at the Lock 12 parking lot on RT42 Chesire Ct.As far as paying off the weatherman for a nice day everybodys gonna have to chip in and hope for the best.If per chance it looks iffy we can always push it off to the next week,hope this will fit everyones schedule.

Last edited:
Camping Weekend. I'm down the shoreline that weekend biking and partying with friends and family. Try June 1. I know for a fact the weather
will be better....Stevil

Okay lets try this another way,I'm available almost any Sun so you guys do the where,ifs and buts,its easier that way.Bro Steve if we're gonna run the Harlem Valley River Trail this Sun I'm bringing my pedal wrench!!--seriously!

Me and Stevil ran this yesterday and what a great day it was.There was the per usual biker and walker congestion at the Lock 12 section but because of the gorgeous weather found quite a bit of the trail was busy as everyone wanted a piece of it.We hung out at Weed's cafe for an hour discussing the old CT.Dragway and the proposed new one with some good ol boys outside with the help of some tall cool ones.We spun it in Hamden and headed North to The "Sidestreet" which is a little more off the trail than prefered but worth the trip on occasion and Steve's pedal scraper Dyno Roadster digging planting rows the whole way :eek:.Pulled into D&D and nitecapped it with with a caffeine jolt for the rest of the ride.All in all a great ride with a lot of choices,hope to get everyone down here for a nice time.Oh yeah does anyone have a spare fire extinquisher,his pedal scraper was lightning small brush fires most of the way back :crazy:

Some of the NERRB crew may remember the Dyno FireStarter up
at the HPVF last Sept,beautiful crusier 2" off the ground. Gary was
in fine form with his XL Chopper as we were the coolest bikes
on the trail. Nice day for girl watching......Stevil Oh Happy Mom's Day

sounds like you guys had fun.
Yeah,this is home base for us and even though we run here often theres always something or someone new to see.In late June and early July certain areas of the trail is covered with fireflys and when coming back home after hitting a few places with the torches on it looks like Christmas at Macy's:13: !!Its always a good time so get your best comfy riding rat and head down as a typical run is about 20mi.We can always head to New Haven to see if you can get the rest of your taillight shot out and I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be bb shot either----KIDDIN:eek: just kiddin!!We've actually never in all the times down in New Haven --and are many--had any problems and thats the fact!!

Some of the NERRB crew may remember the Dyno FireStarter up
at the HPVF last Sept,beautiful crusier 2" off the ground. Gary was
in fine form with his XL Chopper as we were the coolest bikes
on the trail. Nice day for girl watching......Stevil Oh Happy Mom's Day
Always a great time Bro Steve.Possible run up north after the Dudley show BRO:thumbsup:

Not for anything guys, but do we have a definite date, time and meet-up?

"Get the rest of my taillight shot out"".... Hahaha, love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As stated earlier, June 1st, 11:30 am at Lock 12 off rt 42 in Cheshire,CT.
I have clipboard in hand ready for sign ups.Gary ,please update the
TITLE of this thread to ignite interest.....Stevil

Last edited:
Cool! :) See you guys on the 1st!

Jose is vying for the "most miles traveled" award at the end of the season.

Ha Ha Stevil said "Ignite Interest" ha ha ha Comining from Mr Brushfire himself :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thread is updated on post #24 and here,new date is Sun 6/1 at Lock 12 [RT42}parking lot in Chesire at 11:30.Jose the first beer and toast is on the AcheBones,we'd like to give you a trophy for most miles traveled to ride events but I can't give up my carnival ring/bottle toss trophy from third grade just yet!---Stevil tried to make me:20:!!! When we venture into New Haven it might be in everybodys best interest to bring an extra back fender and taillight--this means you Ian;)!!And yes if Stevil brings the Dyno everyone can leave their torches at home :grin:.I still can't believed he didn't crash & burn on Whitney Ave last Sun as the road and sidewalks look like they went through a recent ice age,Bro Steve's my hero but at the same time I told him if he does a face plant I'm leaving him there and calling next of kin:acute:You'll find him where the fire burns brightest.

This might be a possibility! I'll let you guys know when it's closer to the date.

Back