New Haven CT.Bust a gut bike run

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ian and Brother Rats, I’m trying to cut down on my Carbon Footprint by driving 4-hours each way to ride my bicycle. :confused:

Nick, it would be :cool2: if you can make it down on your own - but if it doesn't work-out, there'll be other opportunities during this riding season.

Peace everybody!

Hey blacktop Roller I'm in this. Might need grease for my howling crank bearings.. :) and ear plugs for stevils Dino pedal scraper :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey blacktop Roller I'm in this. Might need grease for my howling crank bearings.. :) and ear plugs for stevils Dino pedal scraper :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'll see if I can find a 50 gallon drum of grease and a Red Radio Flyer wagon to tow it behind one of the chops and please bring extra ear plugs for me too,last time we ran the trail you guys spooked all the animals outta the woods into the streets and everybodys backyards :grin:!!

Last edited:
Me and Jerry ran into this cool cat just chillin on his chop on a beautiful Sunday afternoon in New Haven yesterday.His bike features a radio,handlebar mount for his phone,fuzzy dice,lights,tall boy handle bars skulls and spinner front wheel !:thumbsup:! Notice he does not have a back fender or taillight:rolleyes:,I wonder why??
image.jpeg

Bump... but the path is mostly smooth...Stevil

Joel,Great to have you. You are gonna come down 91, west on 84,
to 691 ,exit to rt 10 ,to Cheshire, at McDonalds take right on to...
BTR Help ,what street is this? Down the road 1 mile to parking lot.
Hope that helps alittle...Stevil

Gentlemen,
State > Town Name > Intersection works best for GPS or an Address

I too am a bit confused about where this event is going to be held.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to this ride!

Gentlemen,
State > Town Name > Intersection works best for GPS or an Address

I too am a bit confused about where this event is going to be held.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to this ride!
Jose check out post # 24,looks to be a nice one:thumbsup: any problems call 203 7577800 home phone after 7 pm.I'll try to get a zip code and address for GPS to the gatekeepers house located on the lock when I get home tonight from work

Last edited:
“ Looks like the proposed ride date is updated to sun 6/1 early afternoon say 11:30 ish starting at the Lock 12 parking lot on RT42 Cheshire.”

Got it! :cool:

Last edited:
I thought I was going to make this ride, but I was just informed that I'll be going to church and then visiting her sick grandmother. Sorry men.

I thought I was planned out into the future?? How do you know this already?? :13:

I thought I was going to make this ride, but I was just informed that I'll be going to church and then visiting her sick grandmother. Sorry men.

Ooops, sorry. I guess time got way from me! I didn't realize thats only a few days away. Getting old s\SUCKS!

Lets see, that was bike ride,Church,bar on trail then grandma's,no no its was bar on trail than Grandma's then bike ride then Church, no thats not right either uhhhh whats those choices again??I think we're in trouble :whistle:

...As far as paying off the weatherman for a nice day everybodys gonna have to chip in and hope for the best.
I’m out – there is a family and friends event on Sunday that I can’t miss-out on.

However, you guys picked the perfect day for a ride; it looks as if the payoff worked, nothing like friends chipping-in for a worthy cause. :)

Have fun you guys!

Bummer you guys was looking forward to gettin together for some miles n beers,looks like I'm out as I'v run this trail to death in the last couple weeks unless the rest of you guys want to still run New Haven,if not I think I'm gonna run Simsbury to Southwick and see if Crabby's is open yet,I'll take some pics if I do and post em up.Have a nice weekend everyone!

Last edited:
WOW like Rats jumpin a sinking ship ! Tell ya what ,I'll talk to Jerry
today and maybe we can move this ride to the Harlem River Trail
and still make it a go! More like Punch in the Gut,ouch...Stevil

Back