NEW UPCOMING RRB SITE & FORUM

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Steve, you incompetent fool! You're not worth the money we're paying you! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks for your efforts.

Hugo

Thanks guys!

The new site is being hosted on a new server...my friend Joe's. He's the one who has been doing all of the coding work. He's probably spent about 30-40 hours working on the new site. The poor guy has had to put up with me going back and forth trying to get every pixel and every color right.

The main thing is that the new site is built in content management system (joomla) which would allow for future expansion and also gives me a lot of options for built in tools. One big improvement is the addition of trackable banner ads. I can limit the amount of views a banner gets and also give the banners weights.

The problem that we run into is when we bring all of the data over from this forum to the new forum. Since they are two different types of software, some things don't always jive and you end up with problems. One example is that everyone's start date was 01-01-1970, ha ha.

Also, Fireboard is a relatively new forum software so I think it still has some bugs and issues to work out.

So, what we may end up with is a hybrid of the two...i.e. combine the look of the new with the old forum and find a banner ad solution.

I think we need to start up a collection for my buddy Joe up in Wisconsin so that we can get him a cool old cruiser. He loves the bikes he has seen here, but he doesn't have one yet. Let me know if anyone has an old cruiser sitting around that you'd like to sell cheap and ship, or donate, etc.

Kudos for the effort Steve, I had problems when I last tried to update my scooter forum. Ended up switching back which really hurt because of all the time we put into it. Glad to be back though, I was Jonesin'

fattroy said:
I got a couple of tires I can throw his way! Just let me know I think it's a good idea to hook him up with a cool rat cruiser for helpin out. They are not WW but they are brand new heres the link. Troy

http://www.seattlebikesupply.com/script ... SKU=125763

Very cool Troy!

Let's see how this all works out and I will let you know.

Hooch said:
i should have a cruiser frame, fork, guard and crank
mens 26" higginsa/murray type
i can ship him :)
but it will be a few days before I can dig it out to look at it because of my accident

Awesome Hooch.... what would you want for the whole set up including shipping?

Hooch said:
oh how about free is that cheap enuff?

Hmmm, you drive a hard bargain. :wink:

Let's see what else we can come up with. Sounds like we need wheels, stem and handlebars.

This would be great to get him set up.

I have a stem and bars. Non schwinn. Just the basic cruiser bars. Or flip 'em and make him a boardtracker!! LMK, Mark

Rat Rod said:
fattroy said:
I got a couple of tires I can throw his way! Just let me know I think it's a good idea to hook him up with a cool rat cruiser for helpin out. They are not WW but they are brand new heres the link. Troy

http://www.seattlebikesupply.com/script ... SKU=125763

Very cool Troy!

Let's see how this all works out and I will let you know.

Sweet! We are almost there already. :D Just let me know where and when to ship them. I can throw in some tubes and rim strips too. I'm with Hooch free is good with me too. :mrgreen:

you guys rock !
Steve u're doing a great work and we all ought to thank you for that.
Hooch and Troy you're kings too !
I know for having worked for free on a few projects and it's just great to see rewards comin' back when you've asked for nothing !
Since I'm a bit far off (just an ocean, right), things just go faster to send thru the information highways, so what I can offer is some graphic design job or illustration, you Steve could print and use as a decal or something to personnalize you buddy's brand new free vintage assembled crooooozer.
Lemme know !

Steve,

i apologize if i was a bit of a pain...

i guess i dont adjust to change very well :oops:

i must say i was relieved to find the old forum back up....

thanks for all your hard work...

what parts still need to be donated?

oct

october said:
Steve,

i apologize if i was a bit of a pain...

i guess i dont adjust to change very well :oops:

i must say i was relieved to find the old forum back up....

thanks for all your hard work...

what parts still need to be donated?

oct

Hey Oct....no problem man, it's all good clean fun. :wink:

I wasn't adjusting well either, actually I was down right stressed, ha ha.

I think we may just be missing wheels.

I have a set of modern aluminum coaster wheels which may do the trick.

Latest posts

Back