BO15 Nouveau Style (previously Shop-rod)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found out a little about the bike. It's a 1975 Peugeot Nsl 40 or 22.
I've also found a picture of the lock
Screenshot_20200615-221420.png

Ns stands for Nouveau Style.
I like that.
I wish that was what I called it now instead of shop rod. Oh well!
It's not too late to change the name. Just rename it 'Nouveau Style (formerly Shop-rod)' for a few rounds of new posts then drop the (formerly Shop-rod) part after we are all used to the new name. Bingo.

It's not too late to change the name. Just rename it 'Nouveau Style (formerly Shop-rod)' for a few rounds of new posts then drop the (formerly Shop-rod) part after we are all used to the new name. Bingo.
That's right! Go to your original post and edit, then you can change the name. It took me a few tries, but I figured it out.:39:

Thanks chaps, I didn't know I could change the name.
It's still going to be "hot-rodded" though!
You'll see....

Seat looks great.

Change the name to Bat Rod and put batwings on those cargo panels. That way when you fold them down it becomes a Bat Plane. :D :D

1592329707241.png

Another bent bit of metal later and I have a battery holder.
I've also made a strip to go around the battery so it can be removed easily for charging.
DSC_2078.JPG
DSC_2080.JPG
DSC_2079.JPG

I've made so that it's impossible for the battery terminals to touch anything and short out.
I've ordered a USB socket that I'm going to fit below the battery so phones etc can be put into the pannier and charged. I just hope I've allowed enough room for the socket!

I thought I'd better do a quite dry build before I go any further (and there is much further to go!)
It also give me a better idea for the design of the storage area at the back.
I do plan to paint the crank but I'm not sure if I will use this one. I think it's a bit modern, even though it's actually older than the frame.
View attachment 122034
Loving the wheels!

Anytime I've done a full wheel paint I always end up scratching it when putting the tires back on. Any advice?

Hate working with wood!
Particularly when I only have metalworking tools.
View attachment 126049
I know what you mean.I have the opposite problem. I have mostly woodworking tools so metalworking is hard for me.

Cool build. The rear carrier is looking good.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Back