PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-29 UPDATE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-11 UPDATE)

porkchopzz4 said:
Rat Rod said:
I'm not totally sure that the red works with this build so I may wait until I can track down a blue set of wheels.

I think it looks really good with the red :)

Me too!

I didn't think I'd like it with the red, but I was WRONG!!

i think the red wheelset looks a lot better than i'd expected, but it just might need the red chainwheel to pull it off properly. if the red is troubling you, ya gotta go with your gut. it is, afterall, *your* build.

I just have one question: why isn't your brooks blue? :)

-rob

I think a set of blue tires from porkchop and a red seatpost clamp will do it just right!!

Hows about some blue nips against the red hoops :wink: and a red chainring maybe?

FREEKING S I Q!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice build!

What is the name of the pedals (blue) you currently have on there and where did you get them?

Picked up some red pedals, but I think this scheme may only work with a red chainring to match.

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0045.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

I still think blue anodized wheels would look the best on this thing. :?

although red is my favorite color, i have to agree blue rims would be better. its still outstanding anyway.

I'd say keep holding out for the elusive blue rims. I really liked this all blue, the red just looks 'out of place' to me. It's a sharp bike for sure, and I think the all blue scheme would make it super slick! Even the silver rims from before were awesome looking. Maybe look for some blue tires instead? :idea:

Back