PROJECT PORKCHOP BMX 26" LANDRACE (3-29 UPDATE)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice build! I have been looking for a bike like this. What is the tally of the build cost ?

Well...including all of the parts that you see in the first few photos it's about $500.

The wheels and tires are not included in that amount.

Just go to porkchopbmx.com and add everything that you would want to the shopping cart and it will add it all up for ya. :wink:

Could you do me a favor and tell me what the stand over height is from the center of the top tube to the ground? I know this frame comes in only one size and being a tall guy I don't want to look like a gorilla riding around on a kid's bike! Thanks!

I was over at pork chops place today. We had a good talk about these bikes. They sure are nice. Don't be surprised if double nickle is an owner of a land racer in the next few months!

I'm posting this to make it easier for me to find the build thread for what is soon to be my bike, hand crafted by Rat Rod himself. Sweeet!

Art said:
I'm posting this to make it easier for me to find the build thread for what is soon to be my bike, hand crafted by Rat Rod himself. Sweeet!

congrats, Art. a very nice bike ya got coming to ya

-rob

EDIT: i ned a nw kybrd

Thanks, Rob, I can't remember the last time a bike was this big a deal to me.

Hey, RatRod, I noticed the sale thread is gone (no surprise there). No plans to ditch this build thread, is there? If so, I need to save it to my computer. (not sure how I'de do that, though)

Rode it today and it's sweet! may put a smaller chainring on, though, It's geared a bit high, especialy for dirt riding, and I'm out of shape for riding.
Today's ride left my knees hurting, so that's a good indicator of gearing issues. Also might go to a layback seatpost, though that would definatly require a taller handlebar, as I'm already in a leaned forward position, like a mountain bike, though it does take some weight off my old caboose.
Did my first bunny hop in years, a whole 2 inches, probably :lol:
I'm loving this bike, though I'd like a more subdued color better.
Thanks, Ratrod

Glad you are please with it Art!

You need to order a blue Chop Saw chainring from Porkchop with lower gearing. :wink:

Back