ORBO Raleigh Dyna

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Picked this nice bonded steel/titanium tubed Raleigh Dyna tech up recently on my travels from a friend that he’s had laying around in his attic and after months of asking about it, he finally let It go to me in order to give her a new life.

I already had a build in mind prior to actually obtaining this frame, nothing crazy with this one so that’ll make my life easier.,🫣

hope you stick around and enjoy this build.

So i’ll start off with a little home d.i.y spray job..

IMG_8932.jpeg

Can’t decide between a rigid fork or suspension,, we’ll see how this one progresse.. 🤔

IMG_8910.jpeg

tape removed ..I’ll have to polish that titanium up a little..

IMG_8937.jpeg

managed to pull out a nice Selle Italia Turbo which should go nicely. 😎
IMG_8938.jpeg

Onto polishing and touching up a head badge or two..

IMG_8944.jpeg

back on the nest,,

IMG_8945.jpeg

more to follow..

Picked this nice bonded steel/titanium tubed Raleigh Dyna tech up recently on my travels from a friend that he’s had laying around in his attic and after months of asking about it, he finally let It go to me in order to give her a new life.

I already had a build in mind prior to actually obtaining this frame, nothing crazy with this one so that’ll make my life easier.,🫣

View attachment 255298

Can’t decide between a rigid fork or suspension,, we’ll see how this one progresse.. 🤔

View attachment 255299

View attachment 255300

View attachment 255301

View attachment 255303

back on the nest,,

View attachment 255304

more to follow..
Save it for the build off in two days 😄

View attachment 255298

View attachment 255299

View attachment 255300

View attachment 255301

View attachment 255303

back on the nest,,

View attachment 255304

more to follow..
Raleigh now you have my attention

🤔 I’m actually thinking of getting another build on the go for 2024 and I’m not great at competition’s tbh, I’ll have a think about it though, I’d sooner just share the build‘s as I go 👍
The build offs are really all in fun wouldn't actually call them a competitions more just a bunch of guys hanging out in a virtual shop.

unfortunately not , its actually an Orange designed f7 , think the design bears a similar resemblance but dont think the tange design had the rear brake stud mount placement ?
Shoot yeah, missed that detail. Still a killer fork, love that crown design. I don't know enough about Orange, obviously not many exported to N America

Not sure which post I’m gonna settle on 🤔

I’m kinda leaning towards the Colnago Titanium Seatpost (pic at bottom) as the top and down tubes on the frame are Titanium but as the fork will remain black and to settle my Ocd’ness , I’ve just done a little refresh on a Shimano SP-M730 which will give me Options on the final assembly..

IMG_0732.jpeg

IMG_0732.jpeg

IMG_0733.jpeg

IMG_5307.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_0731.jpeg
    IMG_0731.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Black fork, black stem, black bar, original post color black, plus all the work put into restoring the XT post...
The colagno is obviously a special piece, and would fit there well, but for me, the scale tips towards Shimano

Black fork, black stem, black bar, original post color black, plus all the work put into restoring the XT post...
The colagno is obviously a special piece, and would fit there well, but for me, the scale tips towards Shimano

hmm.. 🤔 yes indeed the colango ti post is really nice and is a reasonably rare piece but its been sitting in storage for a while now so it might just be the time to use it , I think a titanium ultimate sports engineering (U.S.E) one would fit better due to being English made but not sure I want to spend additional funding on this project so going to use what I have , unless one pops up at a good price 😉

The XT one is one of those seatposts that fits into most builds so don’t mind spending the time to restore it as it would have needed to be done at some point , and if it doesn’t get used for this then it’ll not go to waste 😘

The original seatposts should really be used but the weight is something that I’m not sure I can live with as I really want to knock a little weight off the bike and even the XT one is significantly lighter 🧐

anyway i’m giving the paint a little time to cure on the frame before deciding 😘

Back