ORBO Raleigh Dyna

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
šŸ¤” Iā€™m actually thinking of getting another build on the go for 2024 and Iā€™m not great at competitionā€™s tbh, Iā€™ll have a think about it though, Iā€™d sooner just share the buildā€˜s as I go šŸ‘
skip mate its all good, if you just want to build at leisure then go for it, i'll still happily check in on your progress, its important to remember that these build offs are fun based! no pressure.....having said that guess who missed the last deadline by about 4 hrs ha ha ha !

thanks @Son of Kradus , appreciate that šŸ‘ŒšŸ‘

A little progress in the cave..

IMG_8998.jpeg

IMG_8996.jpeg

Love how you pay attention to every little detail the mounting bolts match the frame

Remember that Third Hand tool I bought at Brian's? Zip ties are cheaper lol
The zip ties are to hold it in place quit finding excuses not to use the tool not everything can be fixed with a hammer and adjustable spanner

So with the paint hardened on the frame and the parts bin raided , now inbetween other project Iā€™m playing around with build ideas again on this one..

IMG_8995.jpeg

Some old wheels gets the chassis off the floor and into a rolling state, decided to run the bigger 2mm cables throughout the bike to offer crisper shifting and braking , the grey colour fits well,, Orange manufactured F7 forks go in , all held together with a dia comp low stack headset, an Easton Ec90 stem clamps it down with some colour matched steel headplate bolts and the Easton Ea70 monkeylight riser bars are fitted to offer slightly better control with a whopping 600mm width šŸ«£, going with the Shimano XT refinished black seatpost for now and the red turbo saddle, not sure if I should go period correct Shimano on this build so looking at bringing in a contender..

IMG_8997.jpeg

IMG_8999.jpeg

šŸ§šŸ¤”..

Interesting spoke lacing on that rear wheel. I never had the confidence to run something like that on any of my mtn or cyclo-cross bikes.
Beautiful build!!............

So far so good! Love the paint job, and I especially love your use of zip-ties on the brakes! Keep it up!

Thank you very much, itā€™s widely know round these parts that I can be more industrial when needed šŸ¤£ I found rubber bands my no.1 normal go too on this occasion didnā€™t work , which surprised even me šŸ˜³šŸ¤£

Last edited:
Interesting spoke lacing on that rear wheel. I never had the confidence to run something like that on any of my mtn or cyclo-cross bikes.
Beautiful build!!............
Thank you very much , appreciate the kind words, these wont be the wheels used for the final build , they are more placeholders , Iā€™ve used them however on quite a few occasions, maybe because Iā€™m quite light on a bike that I donā€™t usually find that I destroy much kit tbh ( I have raced with radial front and 3 and 2x radial on the rears with no issue , although on the rear radial doesnā€™t offer any real advantages at all , more disadvantages apart from aesthetics tbh ,ā€¦what can I say Iā€™m an xc race tart ! šŸ¤£) , itā€™s when the wheels are pushed beyond there design and build up specā€™s problems occur šŸ«£ , give it a go , worst can happen is a wheel failure and as long as your vigilant you should be able to hear or see that before it becomes a safety issue šŸ‘

Sweet off-road build! Like the old SRAM 9.0 der and other parts pick. Following!

DiRt RaT oN~!

Back