Rare Huffman Twin Flex dual springer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1918 Ranger said:
Thanks. Will begin restore ASAP. Lot of work to be done. Can't wait to resurrect her.

1918 Ranger
put it under project rides and update the restore with new pictures every once and awhile. I am pretty sure
we all want to see how it turns out.

Nickinator said:
1918 Ranger said:
Thanks. Will begin restore ASAP. Lot of work to be done. Can't wait to resurrect her.

1918 Ranger
put it under project rides and update the restore with new pictures every once and awhile. I am pretty sure
we all want to see how it turns out.

Thanks
Is that a administrator task or can I. If so how do you move the thread?

1918 Ranger

Alright
We've been busy with the Twin Flex

Clown bike no more!!!!

All the truss rods are in good order and salvaged. The rear rocker I welded and good to go. Fork came loose well and all in order.

Project is going great.

From
e4ebajah.jpg

To
uje9ezet.jpg

du4eze7u.jpg

Still need to reverse the rear spring

Thanks Keith.

1918 Ranger

Great work. This is going to be fun watching this come back to life.

Lookin good...glad you were able to save the truss rods. Now the painful (expensive) search for a tank and chainguard can begin.
Here is a pic of my twinflex taken a while ago. I am working on a stock resto now.

done3.jpg

kingfish254 said:
That is just painful to look at.
How could someone do that to such a rare bike?

To be fair though, the hack up looks pretty old in it's self
If the seller pulled it out of a barn like that "years ago" who knows how long ago it was flipped
I mean it can only be so old, cause of the welds, but 60s or 70s are not out of the question.
It could have only been like a 20 or 30 year old bike when it was done.

I know no one would bat an eye at hacking up nearly anything from the 80s or 90s today. (nearly)
But 30 years from now I'll bet there'll be a one or two dudes even on RRB kicking themselves about what they've cut up and wish they still had.

Some more progress this week. Installed upper bracket for rear springer. It had been removed during the abomination!!

py2ygyby.jpg

Also learned what this plate is for on the inside of the left rear rocker. Any guesses?
u3asy6a2.jpg

1918 Ranger

That plate is where the brake arm attaches. What are the serial numbers on your bike? If you need pics of anything let me know.

Nice catch and a good eye. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Who could look at such an awesome bike as a twinflex and even consider creating such a hack job from it? Glad to see it in the hands of someone who will do right by it and return it to its former glory.

ohdeebee said:
That plate is where the brake arm attaches. What are the serial numbers on your bike? If you need pics of anything let me know.
I'll have to locate numbers. Any on the BB may have been skewed during the mangling.

1918 Ranger

The top of your seat tube is hacked off also. Here is a pic of mine:
110512094209.jpg

If you need measurements let me know.

Here is a pic of the serial number on the back of my fork also.
110512094329.jpg

ohdeebee said:
The top of your seat tube is hacked off also. Here is a pic of mine:
110512094209.jpg

If you need measurements let me know.

Here is a pic of the serial number on the back of my fork also.
110512094329.jpg

Thanks
It has a quill style lucky seven seat post. So I figured the shorter post was right. Got me thinking now.

1918 Ranger

Back