Rat-Daddy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graylock said:
I like that denim hub cleaner. I had the same problem with mine. Go with those snaps that are on pants and shorts. Don't use the rubber waist bands, that's just wrong :shock:

GL

Wife say's button hole the hub shinner and put a Wrangler waist button on it or use the waist band!

GL

Graylock said:
Graylock said:
I like that denim hub cleaner. I had the same problem with mine. Go with those snaps that are on pants and shorts. Don't use the rubber waist bands, that's just wrong :shock:

GL

Wife say's button hole the hub shinner and put a Wrangler waist button on it or use the waist band!

GL

:idea: That's the answer. 8) Give her a big hug for me. :)

thatismytruck said:
Graylock said:
Graylock said:

GL

GL

:idea: That's the answer. 8) Give her a big hug for me. :)

poop. I threw away that part of the two pairs of cut up jeans. :oops: :x

Spent a little more time playing this weekend. I was remiss in my photo taking. My apologies. I knew I wanted a grocery getter from the very beginning, and I've been showing you all the rear basket. I stumbled across a front rack that was on a Raleigh I found int he weeds near home. So it got some spray booth treatment and I attached it to the handle bars and the pivot point.

IMG00116-20090726-1210.jpg

I like the front basket quite a bit. Should I get a Chihuahua? I moved to the rear where I had to remove two cross braces so that I could get the basket to sit levelish over the fender. I also had to persuade the frame mount to straighten up a bit. I cut out some rear pockets and strapped them to the basket. Boy say I can carry my wallet in one of them.

IMG00113-20090726-1209.jpg

IMG00114-20090726-1209.jpg

I usually make multi-speed bikes. this being a single speed I'll need plenty of extra power.

IMG00115-20090726-1210.jpg

I've got to take care of the bits of over spray I've found. And I really want to get some lights from the Dollar Store along with some doo dads for the front fender. Ian gave me a crank this morning, and my uncle is sending me one. I'll have to choose between the two.

The funnest part of this is that an old friend who I've not seen for awhile has started hanging out and taken an interest in this bike and my others. He's decided he wants to make a bike and one for his son. We'll have to work that out. I told him to scour CL and the sides of roads. My son he and I went for a ride yesterday, and that clinched it for him.

TimandBoyoncannon.jpg

He rode my Muscle Bike and my Rockabilly. He might be getting the bug.

Question: Anyone else noticing that my kitchen is not as clean as when I started?

ahhh, dude, i've seen how much you eat. how many trips to grocery store will it take with that thing? (ducking thrown stapler)

ifitsfreeitsforme said:
ahhh, dude, i've seen how much you eat. how many trips to grocery store will it take with that thing? (ducking thrown stapler)
too tired to throw the stapler. I'll be taking even more trips because I'll be burning energy riding.

scene: Skip riding in town. his cell phone rings. He answers.

<wife> "Where the heck are you?"

<skip> "Well, I keep eating all the food before I get home so I have to head back to the store."

thatismytruck said:
ifitsfreeitsforme said:
too tired to throw the stapler. I'll be taking even more trips because I'll be burning energy riding.

scene: Skip riding in town. his cell phone rings. He answers.

<wife> "Where the heck are you?"

<skip> "Well, I keep eating all the food before I get home so I have to head back to the store."
I'm up for that kind of ride......Gimme a call. Now that's a REAL lunch ride!

you cycling for groceries is the (comical) definition of perpetual motion.

I like it a lot, but it would never work for me. I would never be able to remember which pocket I put my spanner wrench in. Nice detail.

Back