Rat-Daddy

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dude the coin pocket mud flaps is a great idea. how about riveting them in place? how much food was consumed in the making of this bike so far?

looks better with paint. did you already have both colors?

did you use all the blue up? maybe if you used more of it to balance out the two colors.

Actually it looks like an old Dale Earhardt car from the eighties...............It was blue and yellow, and sponsored by WRANGLER.............You made a "theme" bike without knowing it, or maybe you did know!

Check it out http://grantwcooper.com/dale_earnhardt_ ... istory.htm

that crossed my mind too i sorta thought thats what he was going for :oops:

KOTA said:
Actually it looks like an old Dale Earhardt car from the eighties...............It was blue and yellow, and sponsored by WRANGLER.............You made a "theme" bike without knowing it, or maybe you did know!

Check it out http://grantwcooper.com/dale_earnhardt_ ... istory.htm

karfer67 said:
that crossed my mind too i sorta thought thats what he was going for :oops:

Well it sure does look like I was going that way doesn't it? And although I am a NASCAR fan, I never really was an Earnhart fan, but I always liked that blue and yellow car. (I was in high school then and don't cha know what my school colors were?)

karfer67 said:
did you use all the blue up? maybe if you used more of it to balance out the two colors.

Funny you mention this karfer. As I stated earlier I was hating the yellow. So Sunday I disassemble the bike and wander over to my paint booth with a can of satin black. Wife and one of my beer drinking buddies (Tim) ask what I have planned. I explain I hate the yellow. "You're color blind, I like the yellow" says wife. (I am indeed a little color blind, but not as bad as she likes to profess). "I kinda like the yellow." says Tim.

So, I reconsider. I did not recall that you suggested it (at least consciously), karfer, but I decided to add some blue. I had it taped off, and the straight harsh tape lines really bugged me. It just didn't go with the casualness of the denim accouterments. So I attempted to feather the blue/yellow transitions. This was made more difficult by the fact that I have no more yellow. It worked out ok though. Looks great from 7 feet. The blue should meet up nicely with the blue on the fenders.

IMG00097-20090720-1956.jpg

I also had at the rear basket. it needed some attention. I hit it with some metallic silver and some of the metallic blue.

IMG00098-20090720-1956.jpg

Cooking dinner last night I was wondering how to get a little more denim on the bike. This worked out pretty well.

IMG00099-20090720-2047.jpg

I wanted to put some little reflectors on the ends but after an hour of scouring the garage and basement I couldn't find any small enough.

until we meet again .....

Been having a bit of fun playing with this for an hour or so every night. Little ideas have been occurring to me and I've been just having at it. I assembled a few things tonight.

IMG00101-20090721-2008.jpg

Frame looks 100% better......Didn't wanna tell ya how ugly it was before...........I like where this bike is going. :D

it doesn't look too bad really but before you give up why don't you tape it off and flat black it? it might look good with that and some blue but go sparingly on the colors. the bike itself is fine.

i think it is ok maybe not the first thing that would have poped into my head but it is still cool with all the details. let it roll enter it

just saying, I like it don't give up! mine's coming along but with this competition I won't even finish in the middle like I did last build, but heck it's all about the fun! isn't it?? :?

That thing is gonna look cool when you re-assemble. NOW it has the right amount of blue.

Its fun to go through the what color works with what color. I did several and then it came together,or maybe I just got use to it. Looking good so far. :lol:

Back