Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge 2023

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalchewy

For the love of the Ride 🚲 🔥
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Plagiarizing from @OddJob challenge thread for another round...

Rules:
Welcome to the Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash 2023 ! Previous years looked so much fun with the innaugural version of this Build Challenge, that was followed up with Version II! This year will be Version 2023.

I'm so stoked that the thread from over a year ago andcontinued with momentum throughout the whole year. You'all had a strong group of builders, with some very creative builds last season. Can't wait to see who and what
we get this season!!

The rules are few and pretty easy. The idea is that you take two or more disimilar model kits and 'bash' them together to form a new and crazy creation of it's own. You can use parts from kits, scratch build parts of your own, or 'rat rod ' it by using items for which model building is not normally intended. :grin:

The unofficial Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash ( RRMKB ) Challenge will officially begin September 15 and run till November 26th. We will have a week of voting on the finished projects, to be 'served up' just after Thanksgiving.
( yes, I kept an OJ styled holiday pun in there!) :21:

All the builders will post their builds on this one thread. To keep them more defined and so others will know when you are making a new post about your build, and not just commenting, start it off with the name of your build in all caps, and bold too, if you can. Followed by your builder name. Like this:

1 ON THE HOLE AND 4 ON THE FLOOR ~ OddJob

or
SCORCHED EARTH ~ metalchewy

My kit bash build this year is yet unknown. I have a couple of old Ford roadster models, one is Metal Earth another one from MPC. Not sure they will mesh, so may pick another to start with.

As always, expect a lot of 'outhouse' humor, dad jokes, groaners and some wacky fun as we relive childhood days of building Weird oHs and other models. Let the Testor's fumes begin!

Last edited:
I am thinking of starting with one of these and some other yet to be found.
20230810_123351.jpg

The unofficial Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash ( RRMKB ) Challenge will officially begin September 15 and run till November 26th. We will have a week of voting on the finished projects, to be 'served up' just after Thanksgiving.
( yes, I kept an OJ styled holiday pun in there!)

Hahaha! Glad to see this build challenge revived. I got a gift of a Weird oHs model kit from our friend @Reallybigtim a while back. I might jump in with that and grab another kit.

Now I just need to find my ' Weird oH MoJo'! 🤪

That flat nose rat fink is awesome. Plus I've never seen the monopoly ones before.

That Bonneville, they were quite the beast back then. My wife had a Catalina with a big block in it in high school. I think she had the whole dance team in it cruisin main. Neighbor across the street had a 66 Bonneville that he ran to weber state daily for at least 30 years .

I'll come up with something for this. I'm itching to build a Corvette estate, so maybe that. Or maybe I'll find a way to bash the two vintage metal kits I have.

I'll come up with something for this. I'm itching to build a Corvette estate, so maybe that. Or maybe I'll find a way to bash the two vintage metal kits I have.
I saw a Curvette weird oh on Amazon. She's got nice curves for a monster... 😃

Screenshot_20230811_060228_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Some weird oh named Davey showed up at the house. Wish he was $1 like on the ad @OddJob sent me for the buildoff 11 OddJob award shows him at.
I
20230816_050321.jpg

Also found a Supernatural 67 impala. I remember junking a rusted out 2-door in the 80s after taking the engine and dribetrain out of it for the old nova I had in high school.
20230814_083834.jpg

The wife said she does not want some weird oh sticking out of the roof of Dean's car. ( she's a fan of the show...).

I wish I could have sent the 🤣 and the 😍 for your comment ^^ , MC ! "Davey" was one of the models I originally built in the mid-'60s up in my farmhouse attic bedroom. It probably was $1, too.

Middle shelf, far left; or 'way out' left as the case may be.... :bigsmile:

Leedesk.jpg

Some weird oh named Davey showed up at the house. Wish he was $1 like on the ad @OddJob sent me for the buildoff 11 OddJob award shows him at.
IView attachment 245798
Also found a Supernatural 67 impala. I remember junking a rusted out 2-door in the 80s after taking the engine and dribetrain out of it for the old nova I had in high school.
View attachment 245799
The wife said she does not want some weird oh sticking out of the roof of Dean's car. ( she's a fan of the show...).

A 4door kit... have to get this: to build for my stock 60's GM model display.

Latest posts

Back