Rat / Rod Model Kit Bash Challenge 2023

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@ifitsfreeitsforme ,@metalchewy , @Kevin B ,@ingola . @OddJob ...
What Younz bringing to the party !?
Figured: would see everonez entry start by now.
Be a few b4 i be where my kits are at.:bigboss:

I'm delayed on my start. Trying to get things together.

I've had a lot.of things happen on the last.couple weeks. Some flooding of the house, dealing with insurance and other not so fun stuff related to that. Now trying to find a contractor.

Also preparing for family to get here at the end of the month.

Had my wifes Car out on the freeway yesterday and hit some tire pieces that flipped up from under the car in front of me, which took out the air dam on the challenger and all of the plastic under the front of the car. Ripped out wiring for the driving lights and the lower grille. Ripped the mud guards at the wheel as well, So more insurance to deal with this week.
‐--------------
That said:

My concept is to take a 34 Ford tow truck frame, stretch it out and use a 34 coupe and bring the two together into a stretched and slammed 34 coupe race truck.
20230918_064830.jpg

First will be to stretch out the frame and modify the coupe body and cut out the trunk.

Feel the pain: had main shut off inside the house break .. back in July when we where at Truck Nationals for that 4 days. Came home to a beautiful flood.

Just spent most of Friday evening and up until Saturday afternoon this weekend: replacing wheel bearing in the back of the caddy. working on anything isn't fun but it's definitely not fun when you are on the road.

I've had a lot.of things happen on the last.couple weeks. Some flooding of the house, dealing with insurance and other not so fun stuff related to that. Now trying to find a contractor.

Had my wifes Car out on the freeway yesterday and hit some tire pieces that flipped up from under the car in front of me, which took out the air dam on the challenger and all of the plastic under the front of the car. Ripped out wiring for the driving lights and the lower grille. Ripped the mud guards at the wheel as well, So more insurance to deal with this week.
‐--------------
That said:

My concept is to take a 34 Ford tow truck frame, stretch it out and use a 34 coupe and bring the two together into a stretched and slammed 34 coupe race truck.
View attachment 248467
First will be to stretch out the frame and modify the coupe body and cut out the trunk.
Sorry to hear about all the calamity in LV, MC. Hope you find answers to those 'life problems'. On a positive note, I really like your Kit Bash idea!

I've been busy as well, finishing up the bicycle job for the season, built another mtb to take to the desert. Fall duties around here closing up the trailer up north, trim trees in the BACK40, preparing for my first grandchild to arrive in about 6 weeks; you know, the usual. :bigsmile:

I have 'touched' my two kits I thought of using a couple of times moving things to get to other things in the past couple of weeks. I just need some dedicated time to work on it. I'm usually a 'start it and keep going till it's done' kind of builder. No news to you!
:21:

I like the ideas y'all have posted so far. Keep the ball rolling!

I'm still hoping I can jump in before it's over. I have a lot of kits to build, but no bashing ideas.

That looks like the way to go! Brush tips without the 'brush marks' left behind. Quite a variety of colors too.

BaSh oN~!

That looks like the way to go! Brush tips without the 'brush marks' left behind. Quite a variety of colors too.

BaSh oN~!

Well, i don't leave brush marks when I use a brush.

But, of course :
I was blessed to be able to get a full scholarship to the Art Institute at age 10.
:grin:
Learned to use striping brushes and was pinstriping, and lettering at age eight.:bigboss:

The markers sure are travel friendly.
No worry for setting up, or clean up afterwards.

Altho now days : with 20/350 vision ; most everything in life is a challenge.

Last edited:
Cut the surfboard: for the motor to set into. Took about 2 hours this morning.. before leaving for a busy day.
20230923_080311.jpg
20230923_080717.jpg
20230923_080537.jpg

Being busy 16 hours of each 24 hour day . Try to make a little time for relaxing into hobby.

Last edited:

‐--------------
That said:

View attachment 248467
Dude, that's a lot of stuff to get thrown at you. I hope the rebuilds go well and get back to normal. I love your kit bash idea. Super cool. Plus a real life version would have qualified for war time gas rations!
Learned to use striping brushes and was pinstriping, and lettering at age eight.:bigboss:
That's a skill I would love to learn one day. Love your kit bash idea, looking good!

I'm super tempted to jump in on a kit bash project as I haven't built a model since I was a kid. Now I'm an over grown kid with responsibilities so I'm going to have to hold off. Maybe winter build off. I'll be watching though, this is fun!

@Pondo ,
Jump in .. Water is fine !
I know what you mean about overgrown kid..
59 yr old kid myself.
responsibilities are part of all of our life. Having to dedicate 16 to 18 hours a day to those responsibilities. I'm just trying to relax a little bit and enjoy a few minutes or two.

Bash on !

Back