RRBBO13 Ratillac.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who needs FM, just install an in dash 8 Track Player.

3.bp_.blogspot.com1_.8-TrackTapePlayer-ff710ea889fe276f6330c73537d0498598f6972a-640x381.jpg

I have an am radio.
Gonna have to lace the motor to a 24" rim, can't do that til mid July. If even then.

I'd say, it's solid as a pedal bike, sans motor. Granted, the e-bike craze is hot right now, and would be def cool on your steed. But, it has a more 'nostalgic' feel as a pedal Caddy; think pedal car on two wheels.

I'd say, it's solid as a pedal bike, sans motor. Granted, the e-bike craze is hot right now, and would be def cool on your steed. But, it has a more 'nostalgic' feel as a pedal Caddy; think pedal car on two wheels.
Right.

Although my intention was ebike, but that was with the already built 20" wheel. The 24 requires new spokes and rebuild, I don't want to spend to much money just yet.

Personally, I'm not a big fan of ebikes or motorized bikes. To me they actually take away from a build. I say build on without it.

+1 to what kingfish said. While I like the ebike idea not having electric really takes nothing away from the build. You still got plenty going on and you could ad the motor later I would think. It's a distraction you might be better off without for now.

Would it be possible to make lowered rear dropouts that would raise the rear end with the 20" wheel to approximate that of the 24" in the stock dropouts? Or would that bring other issues like brakes into the mix?
It would create a breaking issue, but I could deal with that.

I agree about the motor being a distraction, with needing spokes and battery. That's money I don't want to spend right now, I don't really want to pay for a 24" whitewall tire either.

But I can deal with all that in July.

I think it’s begging for some shade of bass boat metal-flake...sweet lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back