Ratty jet bike. DONE 1/20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Been collecting parts for a little while and think with winter coming here in Ohio, this would be a good time to start on my ratty Hot Rod. I have a thing for retro looking graphics on bikes. I found this tank set and knew I wanted to build a bike around it. The frame is a Murray built Higgins that will soon be transformed into a Murray built Western Flyer with a badge change. The tank is obviously a WF and the chainguard is from a Murray Aero Line. The front fork and trusses are Huffman. Anyway, here is the starting point.

wfhr1.jpg

Re: Ratty jet bike....

I have a nice set of rims for that bike and maybe other things you will have to look around the next time you come up to my place.

npence said:
I have a nice set of rims for that bike and maybe other things you will have to look around the next time you come up to my place.

I think I am going with a 3spd set of black 24" on this one. Still haven't decided, but I'll be up there this weekend to get my new "project" so I am sure I'll find a ton of stuff!

Infinity and Beyond!!

kingfish254 said:
Infinity and Beyond!!
:lol: :lol: My grandson is a huge fan of Buzz Lightyear!

This is one of those bikes that I already have completely built in my head. At this point, its just a little paint and assembly....and I have to find the perfect seat. Maybe a really cool glitter seat? :mrgreen:

Terry66 said:
Maybe a really cool glitter seat? :mrgreen:

You would have to fight tanksalot over that one. That is, IF it was available. :p :p

ndaway said:
This is going to be sweet 8) ..love that chainguard!

Thanks...I was totally stoked over the chainguard when I found it on ebay! I also got an AMF Roadmaster "stars" sprocket and crank to go with the jet/rocket theme.

Still wishin' I had a cool glitter seat! :mrgreen:

A duplicate Columbia exerciser that has that same Glitter seat on it, ended with no bids on ebay.

Houndog said:
kingfish254 said:
A duplicate Columbia exerciser that has that same Glitter seat on it, ended with no bids on ebay.
That seat was ratty compared to yours....

It was just dirty. I bet it would clean ALMOST as nicely as mine.

Now that Kingfish agreed to send me his sparkle seat as a Chistmas present, I am about ready to start on this one. :lol: :lol:

I've been looking for a set of black 24" wheels with a Nexus 3spd, but haven't had much luck. I was looking at the Felt wheels, but they are out of stock from Felt and also most distributors. Anyone know where I can find a nice set of black 24" with a 3 speed?

Terry66 said:
Now that Kingfish agreed to send me his sparkle seat as a Chistmas present, I am about ready to start on this one. :lol: :lol:

I've been looking for a set of black 24" wheels with a Nexus 3spd, but haven't had much luck. I was looking at the Felt wheels, but they are out of stock from Felt and also most distributors. Anyone know where I can find a nice set of black 24" with a 3 speed?

eBay had a couple of them a few days ago. There was a vanilla colored set, and one other, the color of which I can't remember. For 3 speed 24", it's almost just as cheap to buy a 24" bike with the 3 speed, and strip it down for parts.

24" wheelset was $149, the whole bike was $219.

Terry66 said:
Now that Kingfish agreed to send me his sparkle seat as a Chistmas present,,,,,,,,,,,

what.jpg

Latest posts

Back