Ratty jet bike. DONE 1/20

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ratty jet bike....

Everyone wants my goodies lately!! :p
I post something in my Fresh Finds thread and the next thing you know offers start flying in.
Glitter seats, Firebolt tanks, chrome forks. :mrgreen:

kingfish254 said:
Everyone wants my goodies lately!! :p
I post something in my Fresh Finds thread and the next thing you know offers start flying in.
Glitter seats, Firebolt tanks, chrome forks. :mrgreen:

I am offering you the opportunity to give me your glitter seat.... 8)

Not much new to report. Got this cool sprocket/crank from Rusty513. I thought the stars worked well with the rocket/jet theme of the bike.

wfhr2.jpg

Love those star rings!!!

Nice looking bike for sure! :D

Terry66 said:
Not much new to report. Got this cool sprocket/crank from Rusty513. I thought the stars worked well with the rocket/jet theme of the bike.

wfhr2.jpg

Yes, sprocket & crank assy. work very well with this build! Perfect combination IMO! 8)

ok, so Kingfish won't give me his glitter seat, so I bought some vinyl and covered one I had on the shelf. I think if I did this more often, I would get good at it...but for now mediocre is the best I can do! :lol:

glitter1.jpg

glitter2.jpg

That turned pretty slick if you ask me!!!!!!

kingfish254 said:
That turned pretty slick if you ask me!!!!!!

Thanks man....you know I almost have all the parts for this build. Should just be a matter of assembling. If I end up starting the '41 Huffman tanker restoration before this bike, I might stash away all the parts and hold this for RRBBO8.

ndaway said:
Seat is waaay cool 8)

Thanks! I need to figure out a way to shave the padding a little more smooth. Also I need to do a little better job with tucking the flaps under the pan. They are secure and look clean, but I think I could have made some cuts in the flaps that would have made it go easier with less overlap. I figure I'll grab a few more junk seats at the Indy show in January and practice more.

Terry66 said:
I think if I did this more often, I would get good at it...but for now mediocre is the best I can do!

Mediocre? I think that seat looks perfect.8)

tin machine said:
i love this build , i to have always loved the old higgins bikes , doesnt matter who builds them there just cool , can't wait to see it finished !! nice work on that seat i wish i had that talent 8)

Thanks man! Most of the time I have no idea what I am doing...I guess ambition trumps talent sometimes.... 8)

Re: Ratty jet bike....mockup pic

Finally got around to messing with this build. Did a quick mockup. Not the wheels/tires I am using, but wanted to make sure everything fits and works! I always say I am using apes, then I decide I don't like them. Jury is still out on the apes!

Frame will be black. I need to clean up the tins. Black wheelset with whitewalls....at least that's the plan

wfhr3.jpg

Back