RetroWreckTion, It's Alive (Version.0)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RetroWreckTion, Redux Headlight

FSJaak,

The camera/glasses headlight sounds really cool; would love to see a pic if you still have the bike.

Well today, installed the new lights & fender. Now the really hard work begins, comming up with a new tank that befits the bike.

RetroWrckTnPart1.jpg

RetroWrckTnPart11.jpg

RetroWrckTnPart13.jpg

very very steampunk! and i mean that in a great way!

Syndur,

Yeah, the build seems to have taken this turn after the initial problem with the my first set of fenders, wheelset, et al.

Previously, Steampunk builds have not given much respect and meant certain death for any hopes of receiving sizeable votes; maybe things are changing, we shall see.

To me it is more like "Dream Junk", since I use what's available for repurposing.

That is one cool looking bike....It's my computer wallpaper for the next few days.

Kota,

Thank you for the compliment; your builds have my utmost respect.

Re: RetroWreckTion, Redux Tank Mockup

Okay, here's the first swipe at the tank; still some tinkering to the design to be done.

RetroWrckTnTank1.jpg

AKA_LocoJoe,

Thanks for the thumbs up.

Cman,

Thanks for the suggestions; liking the idea of Vacuum Tubes, definitely could mix in with the copper tubes for interest.

not really one for the steam punk deal but this bike just gets it. well done makes me worried lol nice work!!!

Karfer67 & Gold Street Customs,

I really appreciate the comments; I am an avid admirer of your building styles. Although there are elements of the steampunk style, I am drawn to repurposing hardware parts, household items, etc. to incorporate in the build. I really see the style as "Dream Junk".

This years builds are increbile and awe inspiring; it is so great to see everybodies creativity.

Re: RetroWreckTion, Adios Amigos

May RetroWreckTion rest in peace.

All the best to you all. This is shaping up to being the best build-off candidates ever.

2dawgs said:
May RetroWreckTion rest in peace.

All the best to you all. This is shaping up to being the best build-off candidates ever.

? Sorry that statement confused me, did something happen? I hope not, I love this build! I hope all is well! :shock:

Oneuglybike said:
that statement confused me, did something happen? I hope not, I love this build! I hope all is well! :shock:
I was wondering also! It sounds like you're saying goodbye . . . are saying you are giving up on the build or the "Build-off"?
You can't give up on the bike after all the nice work you've done!

OneUglyBike & FireProof,

Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me.

Due to personal demands and my own assessment that this build won't even place in the top three; I decided it was best to bow out.

I am struck by the awesome builds and their creators mastery. Like you and fellow RRB's, I believe this is going to be the most exciting build-off to date.

Godspeed to you.

2dawgs, let's talk. Look at the Indianapolis 500. Thirty three entries, only ONE winner. In reality, the winner most likely will come from the top 10. That means there are 23 drivers that KNOW they have little or NO chance of winning. But the joy, satisfaction and pride of participating is what it's really all about. I'll be happy to finish in the top 100. Heck I'd be happy with 5 votes, that means 5 people somewhere in the world loved my bike! This is my fifth BO and I'm NEVER at the top, so what. I had fun, being at the bottom. YOUR bike was on my short list. Can you win? Who Knows? Did you have fun? Are YOU happy with your bike?...Your bike is done. Put pics in the finished bikes, sit back and "chill"......Your bike is SOOOO creative. SOOO unique, with the materials you used. I'm sure it would be a disappointment to a number of people here if you backed out now............Just imagine, Indy 500, last lap, fifth place driver says: "I'm not gonna win" and decides to pull into the pits on the final corner......Would that be a "good" thing? :D

Kota,

Thank you for the spot on "get my head out of my (you know)". Truthfully, I am only at the 60% completion mark in the build; pretty crazy, huh? You are also right, the pleasure of the build is the reward in it's self.

To complete the build would probably take an easy 40- 60 additional hours. I volunteer with the local horse rescue & Christian Bike Program for Youth at Risk; and have neglected the wife's honey do list for too long. To say the least, I am in over my head. Putting the bike in the finish column without completing it the way I envision it, would be wrong. I am thankful for your encouragement and wish you all the best with your build. Folks like you make me love being a part of the RRB.

I still plan on voting and often (LOL).

I agree a 100% with Kota.
Besides those back line pilots are there for the experience, to learn from the activity and mistakes.
Your bike is innovative, well executed, neat and eye catchy. You resolved certain aspects of the build in a very surprising and new way that for sure are going to be picked up and used by many of your fellow Ratrodders. (The salt over the paint is something I would love to try some day).
This is my second build off, I was very surprised by the numbers of votes I got last time, mainly because I built a style of bike not entirely suitable with what builders expect for RRBBO. But I did it, and I´m currently doing it again because is the kind of bike I like and the kind I´m attracted to build.

I would present RetroWreckTion to this RRBBO if I were you, cause it´s a unique bike that deserves credit.

Latest posts

Back