RetroWreckTion, It's Alive (Version.0)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: RetroWreckTion, Adios Amigos

I'm with everyone else, I was completely loving your bike. Dream Junk is just a beautiful way of doing it.
I also understand where you're coming from, entering it when it's not "Done" is wrong....
SO...Don't RIP it, finish it in your own time, just not in the RRBO 6. I bet everyone who's been watching would love to see the final vision.
Good luck to you all the same...

Here's my two cents. I think I speak for the entire RRB community. We are watching you build your contender and alot of us are liking RetroWreckTion and using your ideas for future builds. Think of your influience on the members who look to you for inspiration. What you have done so far is create a very cool piece of art that you can be proud of, not to mention a one off to ride that no one else has. That fact alone should be enough. As far as I can see you could post it in the finished section and call it a day. Or just keep tinkering with it to make it more what YOU want it to look like instead of trying to compete for a top three finish. For instance look back at last year RRB#5. I busted my --- to build the most crazy out of the box diamond frame bike I could think of and I consider myself very talanted. Five or six votes and I was estatic that others liked what I did. I still ride and show Undertaker. It's a local favorite and trophy winner. How cool is that? Remember this is an international forum and there are an incredible amount of artists showing their skills from around the world. Do you realize how huge that is? You should be humbled that one member took the time and left you a kind comment. So dude, no dropping out, that's for losers. And that's my opinion for any one else that thinks of quitting. I'm way behind on my build and may not make the deadline. I might ever be cramming the last few hours just to finish. Not for the members of RRB but for myself and the goals I set. The feeling of not finding a way finish is way worse and you most likely will regret your decision. These are lifes lessons, not just a build off. Undo what you did, get back on your bike and ride brother! We got your back.

Disclaimer: No quitters were harmed in this rant that I know of. If you have a legit reason to quit, like a death in the family, are prayers are with you. If you don't have a legit reason prepare for the other members to call you out! Oh yeah, Did I mention quitters are losers!

WhoinPhx, GDCast & Kuttnhack,

You guys remind me of my grandmother; you got a whopping coming & you know it. You all are artist that I admire and steal from whenever your not looking. As a mater fact, the Undertaker had me totally envious last year. GDCast, your builds always push the enevlope to it's limits. WhoinPhx are you sure this is your first build? Your build is pure RRB style & innovation.

All points well taken and I am humbled to be in the very presence of every RBB member. The talent pool surpasses the OCC or Jesse James school of design on any given day. This is the cream of the crop. I just don't want to do this halfway; and am bowled over by your encouragement, compassion and kind words to stick it out.

You are dead right, quitting is for losers. I admit that flaw.

Hopefully, I can find time to complete the build and post it at some later date. Chances are, I will totally go too far and really screw up RetroWreckTion anyway. Another flaw, not knowing when to stop. Heck, maybe that's what is all about any how. But, for now I owe it to my family and others to put this baby on hold.

Dang, this why I love this group, you incite all to do their best and then some.

I know you guys are going to give this build-off your all.

Good Hunting

It's all good! I gave it my best shot. I will support your decisions and like I said we got your back 2dawgs. Look forward to your RRB Build Off #7 entry. I admire your work. Best wishes.

Cool bike that needs to be finish. Take your time if needed as you gotta keep the wife happy.

Cool bike, but you gotta do what's right for you and your family. I do what's right for my family by not working on it till everyone is asleep, but is it right for me? I'm tired, not really, but through being tired, I'm having fun. I'm not building to win, I started the build because the build-off deadline gave me motivation to build a bike I'd been wanting to build. Now that I'm in it, I'm really having fun with my updates and hoping that through my documentation of the build that others might learn something from what I do, as I have been learning ever since I joined this site.

Keep teaching us... on your old time. I'll pour a vote out on the ground in remembrance for you. :wink:

Sometimes it's a good idea to put a project on the back burner and let it simmer for a while. When you come back to it you'll have a fresh perspective.

No hurry at all. Just do a little at a time, and only when you feel like it.

We'll still be here. :) I'm subscribing to this thread so I won't miss anything.

A line from the UK, You guys are all spot on with your views, for me building my bike is an escape from the daily grind some days I just sit and look at it then think maybe its finished now but what if I move this or change that ? Nothing is ever finished you will always see something that you think would work on your bike and that is what people see in RetroWreckTion ideas / vision .
I built a custom mini truck to take to shows because I wanted people to see my ideas my skills not to win trophies I looked at the cars I competed against that had been built for people with fat wallets MINE was my own work my vision it was different , many wacky ideas that just came to me which have since been copied but I can say I did it first and the faces on the wealthy as I collected trophies was disbelief this home built daily runner beat them ????
Finally would you give up on a horse at the rescue ? Would you give up on the kids at the bike project NO DIDN'T THINK SO GO ON FINISH IT !!!! YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO :?:

It 's strange that you give up so close to finish your bike. But well, life is life, and time is a precious thing. More precious than anything in this world.
Keep up your great imagination anyway ! :wink:

You guys are the cats meow and relentless to boot. I promise to complete this build at a future date, after I have met all my commitments.

My wife is amazed by all your outpouring of support and compliments. She has always been supportive of me doing this crazy, addictive hobby.

Peace everyone and all the best on your builds.

Deorman,

This the funniest comment I received today. Thanks for chuckle.

Just curious, I grew up in Falls Church, VA. What part of Northern VA do you live in?

OneUglyBike,

Believe me I want to finish this bike for the build-off; it just doesn't look do able at this point. All I can say is I will try,

I really appreciate your encouragement & support.

Wishing you the best of luck on your build,

2dawgs said:
OneUglyBike,

Believe me I want to finish this bike for the build-off; it just doesn't look do able at this point. All I can say is I will try,

I really appreciate your encouragement & support.

Wishing you the best of luck on your build,

YAY!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

so glad your back!!! :mrgreen:

Scumblero & OneUglyBike,

Thanks much for egging me on; you guys are the best. There is lots to be done and many chores ahead of the build; hopefully there will be enough time to try and get this thing done. If not, I certainly will complete the build sooner than later. For now the build is on hold.

Peace Brothers.

NOW I'M PUTTING IN MY 2 CENTS. IF BY THE END OF THE BUILD YA AREN'T FINISHED WITH YA OBLIGATIONS. PLEASE JUST POST IT IN THE FINISHED FORUM. WE ALL UNDERSTAND AND ARE ROOTING FOR YA. THIS BIKE IS AMAZING AND YA COULD GET SYMPATHY VOTES. :wink: CUE STEVE MILLERS"ABRACADABRA" SONG. EVERYTHING WILL WORK OUT. PEACE

Latest posts

Back