-ROLAND- FINISHED ((sneak peak))

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: -ROLAND- mini update 7/12

You know what they say....the Devil's in the details :mrgreen:

100_5355.jpg

100_5358.jpg

Re: -ROLAND- GOLD TEEF 7/12

This is a tough crowd around here!! Okay then......... I decided the seatpan would be a good place to do a little artwork. This bike is gonna be hotter than gold teeth :mrgreen: The skull is white house paint, and the wings and teeth are **gold** leaf! Scuffed it up with a wire brush to make it match the bike better. I MIGHT stripe the wings to define them a little better, not sure yet. What do you guys think?

010-2.jpg

i personally would define the wings more but if i wanted the sort of raw art, i would leave it.

Keep doing what you are doing. I can't wait to see the whole bike as it sits now. Love the stamping and the saddle grapix. Awesome!

Lots of cool details happening here. That BB one is tops though.

I like the creative details on this bike. What about scratching some detail on the wings, with the point of a nail or something kind of sharp, but not razor edged? That way it'd give it a rough scratch rather than a cut.

Are you using typewriter stamps to hammer the lettering?

Can't wait to see this one all done.

Re: -ROLAND- Tank tease 7/14

Thanks guys for the feedback! Here's one last teaser shot of the tank before the final step. The pattern is all done! Today the "process" begins muahahaaaa......now where's the sand at??? 8)

tank001.jpg

Re: -ROLAND- TRUMP CARD 7/16

Okay everyone, here's the big surprise I've been saving for last. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that this has NEVER been done on a rat rod bike before, or at least I've never seen it. As a sculptor, I am fortunate enough to have access to equipment and techniques that the average person doesn't, so I figured I better use 'em if I wanted to compete! :lol: Sooooo here we go....

Got my patterns for the tank. Add a little....sand??

tank002.jpg

Magically hardening sand! After this I made the back half of the mold, which means the tank halves will be hollow.

tank004.jpg

Now time for some MOLTEN METAL (that's me!)

pourin.jpg

The results. The extra metal around the tanks are channels where the molten metal enters the mold.

tank005.jpg

And there you have it,what I believe to be the first ever CAST ALUMINUM TANK for a rat rod bike. If I am wrong, I'm sure you guys will set me straight :mrgreen: Now to break out the sawzall and grinder 8)

tank008.jpg

Ok, this is my favorite bike yet. this thing is so cool. :shock:

Rockit! said:

Are those your bike's handlebars that you are holding? :mrgreen:

Awesome casting there!!!!!!

nope no one has ever done that to my knowledge. however clothespin in the first build off with his bike "pin it" did do a tank similar to yours in style. he was going for a flat head ford look with the tank. but yours takes it to a new level well done

Yeah when I first found this site four or five years ago I saw that bike and thought "now THAT'S what it's all about!" It will always be one of my favorites of all time. 8)

Back