RRBO4 POLL

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should the next build off allow frame modifications?

• Create Two Classes

Votes: 34 39.1%
  • No

Votes: 35 40.2%
  • Yes

Votes: 18 20.7%

• Total voters
i actually voted for two classes but now i go back on it. because then there will be a winner for each class but who will be top rat? then that will start something else. i now go back and change my vote to no mods on the frame. and by that i mean nothing removed from the frame at all, no tabs, no kickstand mounts, no nothing. and maybe take it a step furthur saying no welding to the frame either or even no welding at all on the frame. one of the things i really like about the build off is for me it is harder than a regular build BECAUSE of the rules. you think of something to do then stop and think but then i would have to cut that naaaaaa cant do that. it is a major challenge to build something no one has done with a build off like this. iduno i too am taking this year off and crap monster metal i just realized i still have something boxed up in my shed that i forgot to send you. wow i suck

i can see the two classes .
im new to this and havent started welding yet even though i have access . and im sure there are alot of people on here that dont have access to welders so i think it will be cool to maybe take a chance at this build contest with the no frame mods.

and then the people who do have welders and make crazy ... kustom bikes i think it would be neat for them to have a class of there own if they want to make frame mods .

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a "no repop, no modern/new parts" rule than a "no fabrication/welding" rule?

In the context of traditional hot rods? I know the build-off here is kind of it's own animal, but it's kind of iroinic to outlaw ingenuity and creativity and allow mail order and modern Taiwan made parts.

I think with all of the extra build-offs an additional "anything goes" build would make sense or a "traditional hot rod" build with no reproduction/new/mail order/modern/Chineese parts would make everybody satisfied

(later on, seperate from the annual RRBO, which it seems like the majority would prefer be left as it is)

I would rather see less rules period, but if there are going to be rules, they should make sense.

skoda said:
Wouldn't it make more sense to have a "no repop, no modern/new parts" rule than a "no fabrication/welding" rule?

i think that comment holds some water :) but i think the wear items (tubes,tires, spokes, bearings) should be allowed to be replaced with new.

skoda i am with you on one hand with the "use old parts only thing", however lets face it for a lot of the guys here that can get real expensive just as it can with traditional hot rodders building a hopped up flat head. and lets be honest how many cars do we both see at "traditional" car shows with crate 350 350 combos with a set of 3 2's installed and corvette valve covers :lol:

karfer67 said:
skoda i am with you on one hand with the "use old parts only thing", however lets face it for a lot of the guys here that can get real expensive just as it can with traditional hot rodders building a hopped up flat head. and lets be honest how many cars do we both see at "traditional" car shows with crate 350 350 combos with a set of 3 2's installed and corvette valve covers :lol:

:lol: No, I know - it's just that it doesn't make any sense to have one rule that says "no frame modifications" under the flag of fairness and then allow people to spend whatever on repop and specialty parts that defy the whole hot rod mentality of making it not buying it.

Why not just ditch the whole rules thing and let the bikes stand on their own. Wouldn't you rather see what other people can do and learn somehting ranther than win because you boo-hooed about the fairness of the rules? Anybody can buy and bolt parts on.

For what you can spend on a pair of a lot of the tires out there, you can get a basic welder.

As a seperate build off - a - nothing new rule would make things interesting -

For the annual I think less rules would make more "sense" that is all. If you don't want frame modifications because they make it unfair don't let people put new $80.00 Felts on either.

I think I have made my decision on this one...

1. Leave the annual build off as is.

2. Have an anything goes build off at some other point in the year.

Thanks for all of the input folks! :D

Rat Rod said:
I think I have made my decision on this one...

1. Leave the annual build off as is.

2. Have an anything goes build off at some other point in the year.

Thanks for all of the input folks! :D

anything goes build off
I'm looking forward to seeing this one. :D

Awesome. Steve, you rock. I think this may be a better idea than two classes, cuz you'll get some people who will build both the annual build-off and the No Holds Barred (or would it be no bars held?) anything goes one. I like how you think my man...

I gathering my "stuff" for the anything goes!...............Can we start TRASH talking NOW?

CCR said:
KOTA said:
I gathering my "stuff" for the anything goes!...............Can we start TRASH talking NOW?

talk all you want, i just wanna see you back it up :mrgreen: :wink:
Don't ya just LOVE it, when a fish takes the bait?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yes CCR i did say we could start but your the one who offered a cash prize for the best TIKI bike....... :shock:

thats cool! i can't wait to see what you guys/gals come up with for the bbo's.

i'm really looking forward to this.

Latest posts

Back