Sellers and texting.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I took it personal every lame seller or missed opertunity make myself sick... I try laugh it off.... It's a hobby...
If I needed it desperately I'd prolly be paying alot more and dealing with other end of spectrum, the seller that like reinforce how mutch more knowledgeable they are and want tax absorbent price just cause if it was anything but original part my bike will have catastrophic value loss and be a burden and shame to a whole loyalist community...

Haha..

That said I'm sure there are sellers who will not sell to me for the same reason.. that's fine... I'd rather they keep it.

It pays to establish relationships your comfortable with. many many rust pits I can throw money away at and into.... I'd rather do it with someone who appreciates it and someone who enjoys sharing the experiance..
I may make a seller feel like they are running a full time shop... But I haven't ever really found myself stepping up to anyone's podium...

Good deals are not that far and few between...

OK besides this, how do you like the apps, would u suggest one over the other regaurding features?
As an early ebay user, I've always been unsatisfied/annoyed/disappointed in CL. So many ads with next to no information because, I guess, having any kind of real format to the ads would be so un-sanfransiscan or something...many other issues as well, but I use it regularly.

I've been browsing LetGo a bit...and it has brought lack of info to a new level. I guess the app will auto-generate titles based on your picture...nifty, except you get a ton of ads that are something like, 'brown box...this title auto-generated by LetGo'...a crappy pic, no price, and a button to push to 'chat with....whoever'. How serious is someone about selling something if they can't bother to put any price or description or contact info :(

Jason

I guess that's why I do enjoy Craigslist... I agree can be frustrating try and get info, but to be fair, I just don't have time or access to go yard and estate sale hunting... So if I find something it's usually listed poorly. I also don't jump for Craigslist stuff... Cause alot of stuff I'm interested others jump. I work so can't always get there. I like finding odd listings and watching what they do. If they stay around and bounce price, usually a strange seller.. if it's around a week it's fair game I ask how bad they want to sell.
I guess location really makes a difference... I have access to millions of people in under 25 miles.

Craigslist is great if you like dealing with meth heads, flakes and people who offer to mow your lawn for a year in exchange for whatever you're trying to sell.
After reading this I had to look up Meth-Head. Although it's easy to understand, it's one of those TV words like Pickers, Flipping and I'll Pop. To me those Meth-Heads will always be Tweekers. Easy to spot them in person, not so easy to spot by texting! One Tweeker always sells me a bike every year and he is always Negotiable on price, But no matter I am always pay him a fair price.

These "picker" TV shows really hurt the actual value of junk bikes. Rust doesnt make it valuable. I see too many bikes worth 5 or 10 bucks priced at 200.00. They dont sell and the sellers really believe they are sitting on a gold mine. They are not about to sell to you for 20.00 (in most cases 20 bucks is actual value) because they saw some picker on tv pay 500.00 for a rusty old bike. Burns my butt.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

These "picker" TV shows really hurt the actual value of junk bikes. Rust doesnt make it valuable. I see too many bikes worth 5 or 10 bucks priced at 200.00. They dont sell and the sellers really believe they are sitting on a gold mine. They are not about to sell to you for 20.00 (in most cases 20 bucks is actual value) because they saw some picker on tv pay 500.00 for a rusty old bike. Burns my butt.

Dealing with now... Guy has a girls monarch super cruiser.. trashed.. has frame fork and crank... Zero trim or tin... Wants to trade w me..
Offer him the racer as a rider with new rubber fresh finish cranks bar and stem. tires on fresh alloys.. says isn't into single speeds.
Throw a bunch and every english part at him(releaved thinking it's finally gone)
Responds maybe vintage cruisers...
Wth... Send him the 87 w some cash, nope.
Asks about the rollfast and cash... I laugh..
Finally to get it done I offer him the complete Higgins tank girl...
He said that wasn't enough alone.

I'll let him hang on to it a few weeks the offer him $50.

Another thing I laugh at are these China Schwinn Stingray choppers. Ive gotten like new ones for 5 bucks. Right now theres a green one here on Offerup. Seller specifies "rare and collectible". Funny ive never met anyone who collects them and they certainly aint rare.

Back