Should have done my homework

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yoothgeye said:
I think all of us have similar stories about spending too much on that "first bike."

or buying a bike for the 3 speed wheelset only to realize not all 26" tires are the same.

I think in order to make money in this hobby you must be passionate and knowledgeable about the bikes, and even then you make mistakes. I still say the best deals are made in person. After that there's PayPal. Then money order. The only reason I do MO is I don't have a bank account to link it to (as a picker on a bicycle cash in hand is how i roll) and for me I have to go to the post office to send out the package anyway so a postal MO makes it easy for me. If I was dishonest about things I could have pocketed $300 on a deal and disappeared but i am honest and know if i was paying $300 and it happened to me i would hunt that person down. I always ship with delivery confirmation so as soon as payment arrives I get it shipped and send a tracking number so they can track it. Am I in it for the money? Yes, it helps fund my personal collection. :mrgreen:

But another thing is if you don't keep customers happy you'll never last. Even if I loose money on a deal I will consider it advertising because a happy customer will brag about the good deal.

Latest posts

Back