STEAMBOY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is my palette. I am going to try to make something out of this pile of $10 bike. My goal it to create a build with a small budget for the max bang, and of course, have fun doing it. This is my first official "build-off" entry. I see some great competition in the posts so far. Now, must make a shopping list and get to Ace Hardware and Lowe's for some parts.
RRBBO_01.jpg

Can't wait to see something cool come out of that pile! :wink:

Can't wait to see what steampunk creation you come up with.

bighit said:
I love going to lowes for bike stuff. There is an old chap who works the nuts and bolts isle with a handlebar moustache. He always says to me what a you building now. He helps me find the parts I need. if he dosent have them he tells me about other local places that will.
A kindred spirit he is!

kingfish254 said:
Can't wait to see what steampunk creation you come up with.
I only wish I could spend a day in your neck of the woods for some parts. But, I would have to blindfold you so I could get first crack to them. :wink:

Pappy, I just gotta say...don't forget Tractor Supply. I don't think I own a thing that's on wheels (current count, umm, ran out of fingers) that doesn't have at least one part from there.

loudboys said:
Pappy, I just gotta say...don't forget Tractor Supply. I don't think I own a thing that's on wheels (current count, umm, ran out of fingers) that doesn't have at least one part from there.
Hey, I never thought of that store, have one a few miles from me. Thanks for the tip.

54shadow said:
loudboys said:
Hey, I never thought of that store, have one a few miles from me. Thanks for the tip.

Another good thing about Tractor Supply is that they sell their general nuts and bolts by weight, not by the piece like at Lowes. I can get a lot more for my money there.

yoothgeye said:
54shadow said:
loudboys said:

Another good thing about Tractor Supply is that they sell their general nuts and bolts by weight, not by the piece like at Lowes. I can get a lot more for my money there.
Dang, this place is looking better and better all the time!

Definately watching this one! I tried to build a steam punk bike once but just couldn't get it together. You can find some cool brass in used thrift store lamps. Good Luck!

MattBiker said:
Definately watching this one! I tried to build a steam punk bike once but just couldn't get it together. You can find some cool brass in used thrift store lamps. Good Luck!
Thank goodness we have a large window of build time so I can gather up the goodies. Thanks for the comment.

The frame is stripped and the polishing begins. Have the wheels painted and the coaster hub laced in. Here is a shot of some of the parts I have picked so far.
steamparts.jpg

This is going to be cool.

Who knows what's up with your build
"The Shadow Knows"!!!!

There is such potential in this build you get a Oamaru New Zealand Steampunk back page bump.
(I actually saw this but this isn't my photo. The small white building in the back left is the Oamaru Cycle Works that I posted about here. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50922&hilit=+zealand)

Let us know what new with your cool plans.

1.1282602240.steampunk.jpg

MOODSTER said:
Good start, gauges are cool. Just remember lotsa copper, brass and functional do-dads. A propeller in there somewhere won't hurt . Good luck, keep us posted.
"Propellers," noted. Thanks for the comment.

kingfish254 said:
Who knows what's up with your build
"The Shadow Knows"!!!!

There is such potential in this build you get a Oamaru New Zealand Steampunk back page bump.
(I actually saw this but this isn't my photo. The small white building in the back left is the Oamaru Cycle Works that I posted about here. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=50922&hilit=+zealand)

Let us know what new with your cool plans.

1.1282602240.steampunk.jpg
Dang, this photo may take my build in a whole new direction! Will post update pics soon.

Latest posts

Back