STEAMBOY

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just decided a couple of days ago to send my bike in a steampunk direction. Glad to see someone thinking the same way and I can't wait to see your finished bike, especially since we are starting at such different places bikewise...with that being said, my good man...LET THE FESTOONING BEGIN!

A shot of the frame all stripped, buffed and faux brazed welds. Also, the rear coaster hub is laced in, wheels painted and found two fat tires in the shed, money saved, wooo hooo! Next, will install the back rack that I bought at the Little Blue River swap meet. More goodies to prep and install ... pics later.
steamboy_frameprep.jpg

Clean and purdy, now time start loading it up with cool stuff!!!!

Joker-n-Jack said:
I just decided a couple of days ago to send my bike in a steampunk direction. Glad to see someone thinking the same way and I can't wait to see your finished bike, especially since we are starting at such different places bikewise...with that being said, my good man...LET THE FESTOONING BEGIN!
I was just thinking today, "you know, there are just not enough "Steampunk" bikes in the world."

54shadow said:
Joker-n-Jack said:
I was just thinking today, "you know, there are just not enough "Steampunk" bikes in the world."

+1

Your frame looks AWESOME!!! I love the "brazing" you did on it. I also just noticed that you are in Blue Springs, MO...We're practically neighbors!

Joker-n-Jack said:
Your frame looks AWESOME!!! I love the "brazing" you did on it. I also just noticed that you are in Blue Springs, MO...We're practically neighbors!
Thanks for the kudos on the frame, send me all your brass and copper stuff ... just kidding. A big, "howdy, neighbor!" Going to the swap meet at El Torreon swap meet on 6/29?

54shadow said:
Joker-n-Jack said:
Thanks for the kudos on the frame, send me all your brass and copper stuff ... just kidding. A big, "howdy, neighbor!" Going to the swap meet at El Torreon swap meet on 6/29?

I hope to. Sundays are kinda difficult for me as I work at a church. I might be able to stop by for a bit in the afternoon.

The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg

kingfish254 said:
The Freaky Bunnies are getting hungry for an update!!!!!!

bunnyteeth.jpg
HOLY SMOKES! Update coming soon, been burning the midnight oil, slappin' on the parts, don't want to show it with the "doo-dads" and "gegaws" hangin' off loose. Plus, have to get a permit to burn coal in a vehicle.

OK, to sate Mr. Kingfish's curiosity, here are some progress pics. Got some of the "doodads" and "geegaws" glued and soldiered down enough for some pics. Still have a lot more to do before completion, having a ball on my first official bike build.
SB_01.jpg

SB_02.jpg

SB_03.jpg

SB_04.jpg

SB_05.jpg

So far, the only thing that I had to buy was the gauges and some copper pipe, the rest of the junk that I am attaching to it is parts laying around the shop, it is becoming like a big, junk magnet.

Sweet work on dem doodads and geegaws. Now all you need are some spacely sprockets and coswell cogs.
I wasn't hungry it was the Freaky Bunnies that made me do it!!!

killingevilnine said:
i will never look at my oxy/acetaline tanks the same again!
LOL, yep, it was really hard to alter these nice gauges, I looked for the cheapest and worst set of gauges on eBay to do this with. Don't worry, my gauges are safe and sound on the welding tanks.

kingfish254 said:
Sweet work on dem doodads and geegaws. Now all you need are some spacely sprockets and coswell cogs.
I wasn't hungry it was the Freaky Bunnies that made me do it!!!
Hmmmmm, will look for some "Cogswell Cogs" and Spacely Sprockets" on eBay, unless, you have some extras to spare.

You guys laugh, I'll probably come across a Jetsons collector this weekend. Rut Roh.

Peatbog said:
If he doesn't have any, he'll probably find some at a garage sale soon.

Cool bike, by the way! I especially like how the various colors all work together so well.
Yep, copper goes with anything, it never clashes. Thanks for the comment.

Latest posts

Back