Stretched Murray cantilever

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Stretched Murray cantilever > axle nuts & more Aug 16

Aug 16 Pics:

20gfadx.jpg

2wrj713.jpg

bessgg.jpg

qyu68y.jpg

2rysdb4.jpg

4py0qx.jpg

Still need to make the front set of axle nuts. Will be completely re-working the guard...

can you make me some?? :D

Your bike is by far my favorite of all time...everything is just right! WOW! :mrgreen: Dont get me wrong there are a lot of cool bikes on here but yours just has everything and "the Look" that to me...is perfect! Awesome man! Can I ask a question...what are those fenders off of? I love the thick look they have adnt he shape is nice. Again nice bike! :shock:

dirtroadcreations said:
Your bike is by far my favorite of all time...everything is just right! WOW! :mrgreen: Dont get me wrong there are a lot of cool bikes on here but yours just has everything and "the Look" that to me...is perfect! Awesome man! Can I ask a question...what are those fenders off of? I love the thick look they have adnt he shape is nice. Again nice bike! :shock:

Thanks! I really appreciate that. :D The fenders are from a 1940's Colson with the cushioner springer. It's pretty unusual, as far as I know, to see a chrome set. I've never seen another set.

Thanks all! I can't wait to finish this one up. It has quickly become my favorite of the bikes I own. I have some special plans for finishing this one which will be revealed sometime next week when I am back home again. :wink: For now, I did buy a vintage, chrome bullet light and some old school bow pedals. 8)

My first post, and I must say this build is total bad ..., and giving me some ideas for my upcoming build. I really like the look of the unpainted frame.

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate the comments and I am glad this one is nearing the end. It has been fun and it will be nice to finish it up finally...

Well, it gets a major overhaul tonight or tomorrow... pics up soon 8) :wink:

...and two more Murray frames are dying for the cause :lol:

Love it when everything comes together. Those fenders were well worth whatever you paid for them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Unchained said:
HEH HEH :lol: :lol:

Bike looks very luxuorious.Awesome job. :mrgreen:

Uncle Stretch said:
Love it when everything comes together. Those fenders were well worth whatever you paid for them. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Thanks! I felt like I paid too much for them at the time I bought them but I wouldn't trade them for nay others now. 8)

ExtraBlaze said:
Unchained said:
HEH HEH :lol: :lol:

Bike looks very luxuorious.Awesome job. :mrgreen:

Thanks! :D

...:lol: I've officially killed two more Murray's as of ten minutes ago. I have several more junky frames to kill, too. :wink:

Unfortunately I locked my camera in the shop, and now it's pouring rain and I don't feel like getting it. :lol: :roll: I did get the whole thing redone though, with only one small section left to fix and this will be done.

Unchained said:
I've officially killed two more Murray's as of ten minutes ago.

Ok so You can't find any Schwinns to cut up???? :wink:

Hey! Maybe I like to kill Murrays. :lol: Something about them translates into a stretch well. I do have a yellow varsity frame in need of "the treatment" though... :lol: :lol: :lol: And I'm seriously considering it.

I think that the only regret I have about this build was cleaning off all of the paint on the frame. I like the bare steel look, but I'm starting to think that the mixed colors would have looked better overall.

I strip my frames with a 4'' side grinder and a 6'' cup wire wheel. It really messes up my shop. I tried that paint remover...worse. I had one sand blasted...lots of pits. Then this idea hit me . I took one to the radiator shop and he dropped it in that vat and it cleaned it perfect. He only wanted a 6 pack...thank God he didnt want a carton of ciggies. Would of had to float a loan. :shock:

Back